iPhone 4 Still Love the Keynote Address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I just happen to scroll thru some of my Podcast/Keynotes, and I watched the Keynote for the iPhone 4, still love how Steve presented this one, still makes you think how incredible the IP4 was at this time when other phones were Blah......We will miss you Steve :rolleyes:

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

So is this serious or...? You rolled your eyes, is why I ask.

3. 617aircav Suspended

Meh. Never knew him so can't miss him.

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

The original iPhone is amazing too to watch years later just to see how on point they were.

So much confidence in it too.

It lends new meaning to the saying that Steve Jobs was genius but knew it all too well...

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I remember hearing about the new display and thinking it was neat. Then I saw it and thought OOOOOOHHHHHH. The difference was so stark it was sick. I can't believe that my parents can't tell the difference between older iOS devices and those with Retina. Is it because they were impressed when TV went to color?

I think people sometimes still expect the amazing each time even though it's hard to top certain things. If we're past the pixel density at which human eyes can see individual pixels, how much better of a display can you get? The processing power keeps improving to the point where you're going to get held back by the data networks, just like we did with desktops.

The biggest wish I have for the next model is more storage at the same price. If some iWallet software works well, then that would be a great innovation. But I'd like to carry an entire season of a TV show on my iPhone without having to spend $400 on the phone with a contract. The storage hasn't been increased at the same price point in about 3 or 4 years, so it's about darn time!

6. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

This makes zero sense.

7. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Meant to be like Ohh Ahh moment, nothing more...lol

8. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I watched that keynote again too recently, and it was something else. The crowd went mental and the phone was such an advance.

Apple-wise, nothing else has come close to that moment.

9. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

I re-watched the iPhone intro keynote from 2007 and re-read all the articles from major websites and the comments that followed.

I don't think people 'got it' at the time....
    the reception was very polarizing - a lot said 'WOW'...but around half of the people were disappointed as they wanted a full OS X tablet or purely a widescreen ipod and wasn't wowed by the new touchscreen interface

if only they knew....

10. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

To be fair, the original iPhone was fairly hobbled.

No multitasking. EDGE only. Heck, when it came out, you couldn't even install apps yet.

At the time, my Treo 650 was actually still more useful because I could install apps for a lot of the things I needed.

When apps became available, I started paying more attention, but the lack of multitasking was still a turn-off.

For me, the iPhone didn't become a "must buy" until the iPhone 4 and iOS 4, when multitasking debuted. It finally stopped being a toy and actually became truly useful.

11. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

shhh hahah your points are very valid but it doesnt jive with the business research paper im writing right now!
    lol.
    but i have to disagree on the multitasking. I loved my iPhone 3GS (first iPhone) and felt it could do anything I wanted it to. multitasking was just a very big bonus.

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I think a lot of us got it. I got it, especially when you pretty much had a full browser on a phone. I was using a Razr at the time. I'm sure a lot of people were. But I didn't jump on immediately because it was $500 for a 4GB model. I eventually got a refurb at $249 when the prices had been dropped to $400 for 8GB. But it was still painful using that because I was used to a 30GB iPod holding tons of music.

13. Mrbobb, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013

Mrbobb macrumors 601

Watched it again, just too much, Jobs threw in everything into that phone and the kitchen sink. Dragged on too long. U features folks loved it am sure, but for pure stage presence, from nothingness to reality, just enough to wow, I still think the original 2007 number 1. 500 hotspots was pretty funny.