iphone 4 stolen under apple care

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RedOneIRL, Apr 16, 2012.

1. RedOneIRL macrumors newbie

so sent my iphone back to apple to be repaired, after repair was assessed they where sending me a new replacement. after a week i recieved the package but no iphone in side, contacted apple and they believe the phone was stolen during delivery. i was already waiting 8 days for my iphone and now there saying i could be waiting another 10!

im at a massive disadvantage without my phone both in regards to my studies and work where email access is vital and nobody can contact me as I haven't a replacement phone.

Should my frustration be with apple or ups, after all it was under apples care and they operate through ups. i dont know if im happy with just a replacement phone at this stage as iv been paying a monthly bill and have no phone to use the service. should i demand anything from apple or take the issue humbly.

2. Willyb26 macrumors member

Willyb26

Blame ups, obviously apple sent your phone back out and it was "stolen" or whatever during transport.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Yep, you are going to have to wait for UPS to do their research requested by Apple. The box is weighed several times during the deleivery process and they will go back and see where the box lost weight.

UPS could even contact YOU if it weighed right just before delivery. Did the box look tampered with?

4. RedOneIRL thread starter macrumors newbie

true i just feel like apple should have made sure i got it and deal with companys they and i can trust

----------

the packaging was perfect but the apple care box inside was ripped and the documents where gone

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How can apple make sure you got it? They're not the delivery company.
    They have insurance on those packages so they have to go through the proper procedure and then issue you another phone.

6. RedOneIRL thread starter macrumors newbie

----------

----------

I didn hire UPS they acted under a service which apple provides so really seeing them as a third party isnt right, its a service provided by apple and they where responsible. if i hire employees i am responsible for there action while on the job

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Seems like it was stolen while it was in UPS possession. You'll just have to contact them.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can cry and complain all you want but there's procedures that need to be followed by Apple and UPS.
    Anyone can say my box is empty and there's nothing inside, you think they will automatically take anyones word and send you another phone? They have to investigate.
    Sucks that it happened but like it or not that's how it works with any company shipping items to customers.

9. RedOneIRL thread starter macrumors newbie

too be honest if customers didn complain why would a service need to improve, so you can defend apple but situations like this will put tighter procedures on both UPS and apple to make sure it doesnt happen again

10. Applejuiced, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not defending anyone but things like that happen no matter what even if tighter procedures are there.
    Sucks that it happened to you but S*** happens...

11. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

It's always going to happen and it's not an Apple/UPS thing. Apple is the least at fault here, this is not blind defense, just common sense.

If you were to mail something important to someone else and it was stolen during transit, do you think it's logical for this someone else to blame you for picking UPS as the carrier?

If you picked Chuck's Discount Delivery Service, then yeah, but it is UPS we are talking about. They ship about 1 million packages per day.

12. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

If a thief steals your TV are you mad at Sony?

13. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

To be fair, that's not what he is saying. Your analogy would be appropriate if you said this:

If you sent your TV to Sony for repairs, and they sent it back via UPS would you be mad at Sony if a thief stole it while in transit?.

14. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I said the exact same thing, you just used more words. There is no difference.

A thief is a thief regardless of where they strike, home or van.

Being 'mad' at Apple because a theif infiltrated UPS is unreasonable and bordering ridiculous.

15. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

Fair enough

16. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

It's not Apples fault the phone was stolen in UPS's possession, but it's the shippers responsibility to now deal with UPS in reclaiming the merchandise and or funds, not the recipients. They paid for the shipping and have the contract/agreement with them, not the recipient.

17. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

From a legal standpoint, you're entirely correct.

Apple has a responsibility to sort out the issue for you, not UPS.

There's no reason that Apple couldn't just send you another replacement and deal with UPS in their own time.

18. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Stop whining OP. Do you want Tim Cook to get on a plane right away and bring another iPhone to your house?

It will be resolved in due time. Things happen. Just have patience.

19. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Yes, instead of visiting Valves offices playing Team Fortress 2 he can fix this poor mans issue!

20. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

21. RedOneIRL thread starter macrumors newbie

hey guys just to update everybody still haven't received replacement phone :mad:

----------

well i was just wondering if anybody had a similar issue and see how they reacted.

----------

oh and il take the title of wining any day, cause i requested that because of the situation and a month without a phone that i would like to be upgraded to 4s and my apple contact has me pretty convinced that its possible, so really ppl take a leave out of my book and complain till your hearts content coz it might work out

----------

im not dealing with UPS i didn hire them, im angry at apple cause im still without a phone not that it was stolen

22. DroidRules, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

DroidRules macrumors 65816

You should grow up and understand poo happens. Yes it's frustrating but the world is a crap place sometimes. If keeping in touch is so important why do you have all your eggs in one basket? Why don't you have a back up phone?

So basically you want something for nothing AND you think acting like a spoiled child is the way to get what you want. People like you are what's wrong with the world today. Always looking for hand outs and crying like a little baby if you don't get one. Thread #2 where I hate to be part of the human race sometimes.

23. RedOneIRL thread starter macrumors newbie

no i dont want something for nothing i have been paying a bill for an entire month and have been using a prepay phone that i had to buy credit for, apples care system is whats poo, i paid alot of money for an over priced iphone and a month without a product which a payed for deserves compensations, i have a basic replacement phone thats on a different network, therefore i have to use a different sim card, i have no contacts and people cant contact me. i derserve more than an upgrade.

Apple makes billions in profit from people like me, dont be so dumb to think that they can take your money and not provide the service that comes with it!

----------

So basically you want something for nothing AND you think acting like a spoiled child is the way to get what you want. People like you are what's wrong with the world today. Always looking for hand outs and crying like a little baby if you don't get one. Thread #2 where I hate to be part of the human race sometimes.[/QUOTE]

i have to respond again to clarify your stupidity, i paid €570 euro for an iphone 4, which i sent bk to apple for repair cause according to them i should have no issues with the phone for a year, but i did! €570 and they lost my phone, have me waiting almost a month and your saying i want something for nothing! its people like you thats wrong with the world, letting corporate giants mind ****** you into thinking your getting value for your hard earned money.

im not complaining like a child, im complaining like a customer who has been victim of theft under apples care and a customer who still hasnt a phone i paid for.

24. DroidRules, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

DroidRules macrumors 65816

You're blaming apple for a shipping issue.... how is it their fault that the shipping company had an issue? Wanting something from Apple because the shipping company had an issue IS wanting something for nothing. Apple didn't lose your phone, the shipping company did. Understand that?

Plus how, according to apple, should you not have an issue with your phone for a year? You don't seem like a very realistic person if you believe that EVERY phone apple makes should be issue free for a year. When you produce millions of an item some of them will have issues. Many manufacturers have their parts in the iPhone, why not blame the manufacturer of the specific part that malfunctioned? Yes this is silly but not as silly as your argument. Poo happens, that is why you have a year warranty to protect you from when those poo things happening. You were covered under said warranty and a new phone was mailed to you. After it leaves Apple's facility how are they responsible? It was shipped with insurance to protect you, and it sucks but it happens. You are protected every step of the way so why expect more..... i.e. something for nothing?

25. RedOneIRL thread starter macrumors newbie

Already answerd this statment previously but il do it again, I didn hire UPS, Apple did, UPS are not a third party there part of apples service. understand that?

Secondly my phone was sent bk on the 3rd of april, i was made aware it was stolen on the 13th, its now the 25th and i still have no phone and im guessing it will be next week at least before i do, im not angry that the phone was stolen, but remember apple know it was stolen since the 13th, its now the 25th. understand?

----------

if apple had any decency they would have replaced my phone and dealt with UPS, not Deal with UPS and then replace the phone, Apple could express ship a replacement if they really cared for there customers.

----------

and no company wants to repair or replace a phone, the warranty is more assurance than insurance, apple don't expect the phones to be faulty within the year, if they did it wouldn be a premium device.