Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cees kreuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Hi guys,

My father has a iPhone 4 with ios 4.3.5 on it, so i wanted to downgrade it to 4.3.3 for the untethered jailbreak. But didn't read all the topics properly so it was stuck on a dfu loop. Tried some jailbreak options, for example redsn0w, and the pineapple was on the screen but the iPhone wasn't booting. Suddenly i read something about not install cydia on it but just boot it tethered. And yes! it was booted again:D. Unfortunately the screen suddenly turned black and when i synced it to itunes it was in DFU mode, tried tethered again but it didnt work.

Also there comes nothing on the screen at all times, iPhone perfectly recognized as in DFU mode but the screen doesn't turn on at the phone side part of the jailbreak.

Anyone else had this problem? i'm now stuck with a dead phone:(

cees kreuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
1st question do you have shsh blobs? You can check tiny umbrella or Cydia to see.You also. Need tiny umbrella and run the TSS server.

I have saved shsh blobs when it was on 4.3.5, but because tinyumbrella can only save it on firmwares who apple signs it shows up as 5.0.1 but the firmware info is 4.3.3 and baseband 04.10.01??. So can i do something with this? preserving baseband or something?

schiotz

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
I have saved shsh blobs when it was on 4.3.5, but because tinyumbrella can only save it on firmwares who apple signs it shows up as 5.0.1 but the firmware info is 4.3.3 and baseband 04.10.01??. So can i do something with this? preserving baseband or something?

Reportedly iFaith can extract the shsh blobs from a phone in DFU mode, but I have not tried it.

cees kreuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Reportedly iFaith can extract the shsh blobs from a phone in DFU mode, but I have not tried it.

I have tried it and iFaith recognized my iPhone and uploaded some stuff to it but at the point that the blobs are being captured it keeps saying waiting for iPhone 4....

cees kreuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Is there a way to update to 5.0.1 with preventing baseband? itunes is signing it right? so i can upgrade to it without errors? I just need my 04.10.08 baseband to stay the same for the gevey sim.

Last edited:

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Is there a way to update to 5.0.1 with preventing baseband? itunes is signing it right? so i can upgrade to it without errors? I just need my 04.10.08 baseband to stay the same for the gevey sim.

I don't think gevey will work with iOS 5 even if you have 04.10.08 baseband. You've ******** up your options by not doing your research.

cees kreuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
I don't think gevey will work with iOS 5 even if you have 04.10.08 baseband. You've ******** up your options by not doing your research.

I'm going to try the official firmware from apple and unlock the phone through imei. I'm done with sorting this all out:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.