iphone 4 syncing problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daaneel, Dec 21, 2011.

1. daaneel macrumors regular

Hi, I deleted some lyrics off some of the songs in my itunes library and then I go and sync with my iphone. It shows that my iPhone has succesfully synced in iTunes but when I open up the song on my iPhone the lyrics are still there?!?!?

I tried deleted the song out of my library then syncing with my iphone, yet again it says they are deleted off my iphone when I view my songs on itunes but when I go to my actual iPhone, the songs are still there!!!

Whats wrong?!?

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Do you have iTunes match?

3. daaneel thread starter macrumors regular

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Are you deleting them from a playlist? or the general area where all the music is at?

Also, how are you synching your music - manually managed or automatically?

5. daaneel thread starter macrumors regular

I wasn't deleting them from a playlist. I deleted them from my main iTunes library

I am syncing my music automatically.

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

If the deletion occurs in your iTunes settings, it should synch back automatically with the revised changes. Only way I can think of is completely remove it from iTunes but not have it thrown in the trash. Sync the phone back and see if it syncs back. If it doesn't, add the music that is on your desktop, edit the lyrics and sync again.

Outside of this, I'm not sure what else what to do.

7. daaneel thread starter macrumors regular

It does. It shows everything as synced in iTunes, but when I physiccaly go to my phone and look at my music, the changes haven't occurred. '

Tried playing with ID3 tags and now I messed up the names of songs even more

Here goes to manually editing over 1000 songs....:mad:

8. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

So basically you edit, in this case, the lyrics on your iPhone then when it synchs back, the updated one without lyrics is not kept?

9. daaneel thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure what your saying but let me say it again

I go into my iTunes library (computer) and I edit the lyrics of a song. My iPhone is set to sync with my iTunes library, so I usually just hit sync to update the songs. Now after it's done syncing everything is in fact updated on my iPhone when looking at the song information FROM iTunes. When I actually go into the iPod on my iPhone, the information that I updated does not show as updated.

Hope I was clearer this time

10. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yes, exactly as I thought.

Edit in Computer, Sync to iPhone, iPhone doesn't have the Edit file

Try deleting it from the phone itself after you fix it on the computer. Just swipe and delete.You can do this from the "all songs" page and "artists" page I believe. But deleting music requires you to be on a certain page on your iPod.

Doing this SHOULD sync the edited file into the iPhone since you have deleted it.

11. daaneel thread starter macrumors regular

12. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Great. Let me know what happens. That method should work.