Iphone 4 unique problem.... I think?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w4tf0rd, Nov 4, 2012.

1. w4tf0rd macrumors newbie

Hi

Iphone 4 is fully 100% charged at the moment but it doesn't turn on whatsever without power attached. It instantly turns off when I take it off charger or plug charger.

Even with USB power attached it just loops on the Apple logo. With the phone plug powered, it eventually gets to a screen with IOS6 as the background image whereby I enter my lockscreen password then it asks me to attach to a computer via USB. This is of no use because if i detach the wire from the wall charger it instantly turns off.

I have tried the DFU and restore approach with the phone attached to a computer and it will eventually give me option to restore but that is not a option as I havent backed up (my bad) my phone recently.

Do you think its a hardware or software issue? Anything I can do without restoring it (even then Im skeptical it will solve the issue)

Thanks

2. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

Well unfortunately a restore is probably necessary to get it working again. Your only other possibility is a completely dead/broken battery. You could replace that and see if it works.

And whatever happens, back up your phone!