iPhone 4 unlock - Orange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MagicBoy, Aug 18, 2013.

1. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

I'm way out of contract and I've decided to move networks onto a Sim-only monthly deal. Requested a PAC code and an unlock on 1st August from Orange. They quoted me 15-20 days. No sign of the unlock as yet, and they've not billed for it. They'll be getting a stern phone call tomorrow. Their customer service is a lot worse than it was when I signed up three years ago.

Two questions :
    1) Do Orange make a habit of dragging their feet on unlocks?
    2) Can I use the PAC code and move networks or will I be unable to unlock the phone if the Orange SIM goes inactive before they get around to requesting it from Apple?

2. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

1) from what I've read elsewhere Yes they do, possibly the worst for it
    2) I believe that if they move the number and kill the sim prior to unlocking it you will need to put another Orange sim in and then go through the process again, ie you want it unlocked before you swap the number or it's even more of a PITA

3. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I want to unlock with EE also as I have had enough of them. I have also read they are a absolute shambles at everything. I will pester them forever if I have to.

4. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

i'm going through the process now i hope they're going to be ok!!

5. drkash macrumors regular

My unlock took around 28 days previously with Orange, which is the time I believe they currently advise. I would just call them to ensure its been requested.