iPhone 4 upgrade to the iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NbinHD, Aug 7, 2012.

1. NbinHD macrumors 6502

So currently I have an iPhone 4 and my plan will run out shortly, later in the year. My question is, is it really worth of the upgrade from a iPhone 4 to 4S? I think I would you Siri a bit for simply setting homework/tasks, which is one of the main upgrades, but what about the specifications of the iPhone 4? Will they be sufficient enough for the next couple of years? And will Apple continue to provide support to the iPhone 4? Or is Siri just more of a gimic you only use it when you in your privacy of your home so you don't look like a loser? And I don't use the camera all that much. Thanks.

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Wait till september and get the new iPhone. Or, if you don't like the design, get the iPhone 4S for a reduced price.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

this. The 4S is also a very good upgrade from the 4...better processor, better graphics, better camera. Everything a new phone should be, just has the same design. You will notice a difference though, but wait for the new phone before deciding.

4. Greg 78 macrumors newbie

You should definitely wait for the 5 to come out and then decide. I personally think that the 4S is a great phone. like the other OP said. it has a better/faster processor a better camera and that camera takes great pictures. I'm actually going to buy my friends 64gig 4S when he gets the new 5. if you JB the 4S there are a TON of plug ins and add on's to make Siri do and respond to tasks she normally wouldn't. or what apple limited her to. I think you will get a better deal with the 4S, but still wait for the 5 to come out and then decide.

5. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

My girlfriend has a droid and is itching to switch. She almost bought the 4S this weekend but realized she should wait. The new iPhone may be something you want more, even if you don't like the new iPhone for whatever reason, the 4S will drop in price when the new one is announced to clear out the 16/32/64GB models.

By waiting you will win with either the new iPhone or a cheaper 4S.

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I know it hurts, but just wait a month or two until the new phone comes out. Really no point in tying yourself to a 2 year contract at this very late date. I've been using my 4 for over a year and am not going to jump just yet. People are still using the 3GS, so the 4 isn't going anywhere.

And if you feel slightly embarrassed for Martin Scorsese in the latest Siri commercial then yes, you will feel like a fool using it.

7. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

Instant gratification over waiting 6 weeks (the longest time EVER in the history of the world!) is always the way to go. Holding out such an impossibly long time for a much better device is only retards and old ladies!:D

8. TurnTronics macrumors member

Definitely wait until the new iPhone comes out. If you upgrade to the 4S, you will probably be wishing you held out for the new iPhone.

9. NbinHD thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I forgot to post it in the original post. I probably wont buy the new iPhone, don't need to spend that much money on a phone that I don't use as much as I should to make it worth while, unless its super extraordinary.

10. France- macrumors member

France-

Even so, it'd be better off just waiting to see what the new iPhone holds. Who knows, you might really like the extra capabilities it holds.

11. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The price will be the same as a 4S now, unless your buying a used one.