Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjdoc74

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Hello,

I appologize in advance if this had been discussed before. I got my Iphone 4 in 2/11 in Sacramento, CA and have been reasonably happy with data speeds. Most recently, I moved to Los Angeles and now experiencing abysmal data speeds in most places. I am taking about 0.01 down and 0.02 up. I mostly have 1-2 bars with occasional 3. I have no 3G in my appartment and have to use WIFI for every task. Anyone else experiencing this in greater LA area? Is it my phone?

Any info is appreciated.

Carl G35c

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
Hello,

I appologize in advance if this had been discussed before. I got my Iphone 4 in 2/11 in Sacramento, CA and have been reasonably happy with data speeds. Most recently, I moved to Los Angeles and now experiencing abysmal data speeds in most places. I am taking about 0.01 down and 0.02 up. I mostly have 1-2 bars with occasional 3. I have no 3G in my appartment and have to use WIFI for every task. Anyone else experiencing this in greater LA area? Is it my phone?

Any info is appreciated.

Do you get 3G in other places with bad speeds too?

Carl G35c

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
could be the phone or Verizon. Do a back up and then restore your phone. If that doesn't help, call Verizon. If that doesn't help go to an Apple store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.