iphone 4 vibration replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thechicken, Dec 14, 2011.

1. thechicken macrumors newbie

So when I have my iphone flat on a table and it vibrates, it almost sounds like something is shaking inside, but when i have it upright and it vibrates it doesn't make that sound. If I went to the apple store to try to get it replaced do you think they would replace it?

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

no. it's not broken. they changed the vibration mechanism and that's just how it is.

3. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

This sounds normal to me. You can change your vibration settings if you wish.

4. thechicken thread starter macrumors newbie

but my friends iphone doesn't have that problem :/

5. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

Actually, today I took mine in for an odd vibration issue. I know it sounds weird but instead of the "normal" noise it makes when it vibrates, it had a weird "buzz". If you pressed on the back glass it would stop. I took it to my local Apple store and the genius that looked at it couldn't figure it out. He took it around to other Apple dudes and non of them could figure it out. They took the backplate off and checked to see if anything was loose, nothing was. In the end, they ended up replacing it. Its a minute issue, but like i told the apple dude, it just bothered me because I knew it wasn't right. I am not OCD but I do like my things to work as advertised.

Try taking it in, it never hurts.

6. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I don't have super hearing to hear the vibration when set on the table. However, I have noticed that the vibration has been a lot more stronger than my previous iPhones.