iphone 4 with Roger's in Canada problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djsound, Jul 3, 2012.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

I got a iPhone 4 the day it came out with Roger's. It sucks. Phone calls just drop after about 30 seconds, so the phone part is NOT useable. How am I supposed to do business without a phone? Roger's blames it on Apple and Apple blames it on Roger's. Apple did give me a new iPhone 4 but its exactly the same so of course it still doesn't work....what should I do? I payed for a phone not an iPod.....I refuse to pay MORE and get a 4s just so I can make calls..... Anyone with similar experience? I am so surprised that people just sit back and accept it. Everyone I know with a iPhone 4 can not make calls.....cell phones worked perfectly 10 years ago with a motorola razr

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I had an iPhone 4 for 10 months on Rogers' network and had no issues with dropping calls, that is, they very rarely occurred. Maybe you're not in an area with good cellular coverage?

3. nelly29 macrumors member

I have had an iPhone 4 on Rogers for two years without any call issues so it is not a common problem your having....try switching off 3G and use the edge network see if that helps!!!

4. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

1 - I do not live in any weird area. Have always lived here with not a problem ever on another phone in 10 years.

2 - This is the second phone. They replaced it ...same thing. Drops calls after a minute or so.

3 - Apple said that Rogers is replacing (updating)cell towers so maybe thats what it is.

4 - My gf has a 4 also. Same problem.

5 - Edge and 3g apply to data don't they?? Everything works fine it is just the phone calls that do not.

I just do not know what to do. I signed a contract for a phone. I did not get a phone. It does not work. its between Rogers and Apple to accept responsibility. I just bought a phone. I have a family (with an 8 year old) and a business and I really need a phone that works...especially incase of an emergency.

5. nelly29 macrumors member

Switch off 3G and see if it works better on edge....nothing to lose try it

6. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

7. nelly29 macrumors member

[/COLOR]I know when I'm downtown 3G is a mess and I turn it off and run on edge for better results....if I need to do some surfing I just turn 3G back on....other then downtown I never have issues so it is a Rogers network thing for me I have learned to deal with....good luck hope it helps a bit!