Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hyperwezo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Hi, about a week ago now, I dropped my iPhone in the sink while shaving. I grabbed it out extremely quickly. gave to a dry, powered it off and left it on a towel on top of the radiator for a number of hours. I just hoped for the best.

Later on in the evening, this is about 8-9 hours later, I turned the iPhone back on and it was working as normal. I was a little shocked to see that it was working. I was also extremely happy.

About a week later, this afternoon I was listening to music through my docking station while getting work done. Then the music suddenly stopped. I looked round. The screen was blank, and I was unable to turn on the iPhone.

I plugged it in to my iMac, and held the power button down. after about a minute of trying. The screen finally decided to light up, an Apple Logo appeared. After about 2-3 minutes it went of again, then lit up and started to power one once again.

Basically the iPhone just seems to be going in a loop. So instead of getting my work done I have been trying to see what's what regarding my iPhone.

I have booted the iPhone in to DFU Mode and it has shown up in iTunes. I clicked on restore and it starts downloading the latest OS but after 15 minutes or so the iPhone powers of and then re-boots again. The download cancels and when I get the iPhone back in to DFU Mode I get part of the way through and the same again.

I would be grateful for anyones input. I'm not even too sure if this could be to do with me dropping it in to the sink the week before. Seen as the phone was functioning fin until today. (14/07/2012).

Thanks for reading. Wez.

liliangardner

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2012
If the iPhone is on, depress the power and "home" buttons at the same time. Don't press any other buttons. Hold only these two buttons until the phone powers off. Wait for the iPhone to start rebooting. You will know that the phone is rebooting because the Apple symbol will appear. When this happens, take your finger off of the power button. Continue to hold the "home" button for two minutes. Connect your iPhone to your computer. The iPhone should be recognized by iTunes. Check iTunes to see if your iPhone is going through a restore. If your phone is going through a restore, wait for it to finish and see if you can get your iPhone to boot. If your iPhone was not automatically restoring the last version of the firmware, you can do this manually. Select the iPhone under the "Devices" sidebar. Under the "Summary" tab you will see a "Restore" button. Click this button to start a manual restore. Remove your iPhone from your computer and attempt to boot the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.