iPhone 4 wont charge but is being picked up by PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jroper321, Jan 2, 2013.

1. jroper321 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently got a new iphone 4 from the UK, flew home to the middle-east and now it wont charge. I can sync it on itunes, but it literally just won't charge and just comes up with an icon (i've attached picture)

I'm assuming that the battery needs replacing? just a bit weird that it still picks it up but just wont charge.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Attached Files:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

I've had this problem before (where the pc picks up the phone and the phone doesn't charge and it thinks you are at 100%. Even though it's plugged in, battery life still decreases), can't guarantee that it's your actual problem though. It's probably one of the two pins in the middle where the battery is connected. There's two gold dots just off to the side where the battery is connected and you can bridge the connection straight off the battery connector to one of the gold dots with simple soldering. You can take it to a electronics shop they can probably do it for you.

edit:

found a picture [​IMG]

4. jroper321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Which tool do I need to open the case ?

P.S. I've tried a different charger.

5. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

Either a pentalobe or a standard philips, most likely a pentalobe screw driver. Also, if you're planning to remove the battery make sure when you remove it out of the connector to be careful!! You can possibly rip the connector off the pcb