Iphone 4G restore problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hellkm28, Jan 9, 2012.

1. hellkm28 macrumors newbie

I bought a iPhone 4G from a guy who said he tried to jailbreak the iphone but after the iphone didn't turn on again.

If i try to restore it to 5.0.1 i receive the error 21, if i put it in DFU mode the Itunes force a reboot and the iphone gets back to Recovery mode (error 21 or 1600 again)
    If i try to use a CFW i receive the errors from 16XX range, after research i used redsnow and Ireb to put it in PWN DFU mode, but the Itunes gives me error 11 or 3194.
    With TinyUmbrella running i receive the error 11.

I really don't know what else to do :\

It's a 16GB Iphone, GSM.
    Itunes 10.5.2, if anybody knows how to fix it let me know pretty please.

2. ChimpNamedEnid macrumors member

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

It's either a 4, or a 4S, I assume a 4, if he tried to jailbreak, but more clarity will get you more assistance.

4. hellkm28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, it's an Iphone 4 :)

If anybody can help me with the error i appreciate.

Thank you.

5. hellkm28 thread starter macrumors newbie

So everybody here are some some details.

The iphone does not turn on, even if i hard reset it, on a PC the Iphone enters Recovery mode, if i try to get out of recovery mode the iphone enters in a loop in the apple logo screen, the logo shows up for about 30 seconds and it fades away for 2 seconds and shows up again, this cicle goes on and on.

If i try to update using the original apple update 5.0.1 i get error 21.
    If i try to update using the in DFU mode, the Itunes force it a reboot and the Iphone gets back to restore mode and error 21 again.
    If i try to update in PWN DFU mode from sn0wbreeze and iREB the Itunes force a reboot on it and i get error 16XX.
    With Tiny umbrella running i get errors 3194, 2005 and sometimes 11.
    If i erase any entry in hosts file, tiny umbrella running or not, in PWN DFU mode, the itunes force a reboot on it and the Iphone gets back in the apple logo loop and Itunes keeps in the message " Preparing Iphone for recover" after some minutes the Itunes gives me error 16XX and the Iphone continues in the loop.
    I don't have the SHSH files neither does the last owner.

The last owner does not know wich tutorial his friend followed trying to unlock the iphone, but he will try to contact him, but it will take some time because he's not in the country.
    Does anybody know if there's some way to get past these errors?
    I'm even willing to pay if i get a solution here because here in Brazil the Apple authorized centers costs too much even to just take a look at the device.

Sorry about my english, not my native language.

6. hellkm28 thread starter macrumors newbie

So, im doing some search and the name of my problem is bootloop, the apple logo appears for some time but after some time fades away and shows up again on and on.
    Does somebody can help me with this?
    I can't restore to stock firmware, i can even pay trought pay pal to the one that helps me fix this, im downloading the hackintosh to install on a PC because i don't have a mac and my friends who does are all in vacations.

:(

7. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Sounds like a failed tethered JB with no SHSH blobs saved.
    Not an easy fix.
    DO NOT use Tiny umbrella. Without a local copy of your SHSH blobs, it is useless.

Edit your host file to point to Cydia's SHSH server.
    Here is the info you need to add to your hosts file.
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    Once you've done that, reboot your PC and then you should be able to do a restore through iTunes.
    This is of course provided the SHSH blob was saved in Cydia from the previous jailbreak.
    Try and find a 4.x ipsw file since 5.x doesn't use SHSH blobs anymore.

8. hellkm28 thread starter macrumors newbie

But there's a problem :\
    It does not have the SHSH of any version saved :\

9. rjohnstone, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

10. hellkm28 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, i've tried both (snowbreeze and Redsnow), i patch to PWN DFU mode but the Itunes force a reboot on the Iphone to start the update but i receive error 16XX even it was patched to PWN DFU mode, if i try a recover with stock firmware i receive error 21.
    I sent a message to the last owner for to send me the link of wich tutorial he followed before messing with everything.

----------

I'm downloading these again with the links on this site, after the download im gonna give it a try again.

As for the moment, thank you

11. hellkm28 thread starter macrumors newbie

So everybody, i was thinking that all tutorials was not working so i tought the DFU itself force a reboot, if the iphone is not receiveinh continue power the data would be lost as soon as the usb cuts down the power, so i opened the iphone and what i see, the battery plug was a little loose, so i plugged and the iphone turned on, i pluged it on itunes and restored.
    It was the cheapest iphone 4 ever :)
    I gave the last owner my ipod :)

But anyway THANK YOU ALL for at least trying to help me.

12. hellkm28, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

hellkm28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've restored the iphone using redsnow without BB update, but the iphone alreadly had installed BB 4.11.08.
    :\
    For the moment i have an Ipod touch.

13. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"