iPhone 4G Seams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
I was going to buy the new iPhone then I saw it had seams, now I'm going to buy a banana instead, I couldn't buy a phone with seams.

Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams
Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams Seams

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Toss in Verizon a couple of times and you would have a thread with as much meaning as most of the others...... :(

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
You people do realize that every phone has seams, including the old iPhones.

Without seams, you wouldn't be able to open the device.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
i could care less about the seams.:)
Me neither, I just can't understand why people are even mentioning this point, if I see people ignoring the technological advances of the exciting new iPhone and just complaining about "seams" again I will scream and scream until I am sick.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
It blows my mind that so much is being made about a couple of seams in the bezel of the new iPhone.

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
I really think the seams are there on test devices so they can easily take it apart and troubleshoot parts inside. I don't think they will be there in the production models. just my own speculation though.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I really think the seams are there on test devices so they can easily take it apart and troubleshoot parts inside. I don't think they will be there in the production models. just my own speculation though.
Have you seen a device where it comes apart at these seams yet?

Don't think so.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I think his point is that these phones HAVE been torn down and the seams serve no such purpose in the design.
Agreed, and if these seams were for "easy" access, you would think that the first thing someone tearing them down would do is go for the easy access. At the very least they would have demonstrated it...esp if (as some people have stated) it is used for access to the battery.

iphonetester

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
How much of a shocker it will be if the retail model not only going to be without seams but will look totally different!

I think Apple realizes that this time around it will be hard to earn WOW factor given all the competition around. But I guess once the industry settles all of us will find a phone that suits one's needs.

PorterRocks

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Idaho
If the seams make it to production, I have a feeling all the people that hate them so much will still buy one. They have to be big fans if they are griping over something so minute. They'll pre-order or be in line on launch day. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.