iPhone 4S 32GB not working properly. Possible to get replacement in store rt now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tennisproha, Sep 14, 2012.

1. tennisproha macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 4S 32Gb is acting up. It's still under warranty and I'm not planning on upgrading to iPhone 5. My question is, amidst all this pre-launch confusion, will I be able to go in store and swap it out?? I ask because the 4S is only available in 16GB now so I'm wondering if they'll have 32Gb on hand...

Also, I know this is a touchy subject among many but if they swap it out, is it likely to be a new or remanufactured model? I've heard both sides of the story on Apple actually repairing defective models vs just throwing them away. Idk which is true...

Thanks anyone. :D

2. iphone495 macrumors member

They should still have the 32GB available for replacements (not for new purchase, though) unless a few thousand people rushed to the same store you're going to and requesting a phone swap.

Getting an Apple remanufactured device it's like getting a brand new one, their QA is probably amongst the highest in the industry.

3. tennisproha thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've had a few reps tell me they don't sell the refurbs until that model has been discontinued.