Iphone 4S 3g and data connection Lost

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fastuning, Nov 8, 2011.

1. fastuning macrumors member

Hi, i have a problem with my new iPhone 4S, when i connect to a wireless network, when i disconnect, the 3g data connection dont appear and i cant connect to the internet.

I try to put on and off airplane mode and nothing.

2. rruben macrumors member

I have the same problem. It only happens sometimes though. When I'm connected to WiFi everything's fine, but when I lose the WiFi connection (say I leave home) or turn it off my iPhone 4S won't connect to 3G. Even if I open up safari and press refresh or something it just says it can't connect. If I shut it down (hold the power button and slide the red arrow) and turn it back on it will connect to 3G however.

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Bring it to apple, that's a flaw. I have the 4s (second one now) and I don't have this issue. Have you tried multiple Wifi networks? Is it specific to one or two routers?

4. rruben macrumors member

It's also my second one, the first one had trouble with the home button. I don't know if it's on multiple WiFi networks, I'll give that a try. It's happened only a couple of times though, sometimes everything is fine and sometimes it isn't, I feel like it's related to the time since I last restarted it or something. For example yesterday I was at the movies and wanted to look something up on my iPhone and was surprised that there was no 3G available even though I was in a big city. So I restarted it and it connected to 3G immediately. When I got home, it was on WiFi for a while and then I went to a birthday party and when I Wanted to check my Facebook 3G connection was immediately available. It's weird.

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

What kind of router do you use?

The airport extreme just had a firmware update. I updated both of mine lastnight. It didn't make any difference in my network, but maybe this is an issue it was able to resolve.

6. rruben macrumors member

Here at home I think we have a D-Link router but at my dorm I have an AirPort Express, I'll check it out when I get back there tonight.

7. Skeeterbugs macrumors newbie

Lost connection to AT&T network on iPhone 4s

I too have lost connection to the AT&T network. Can't make a call and unless I'm connected by WI-FI, I get nothing. Spent an hour with AT&T troubleshooting and NOTHING. They said to take it to AT&T to check/replace SIM card and possibly phone. This started late yesterday afternoon. This is not good.

8. fmalloy macrumors 6502

Yep, happens to me as well on my iPhone 4. Leave WiFi, full bars on 3G, but no 3G data or voice is working. Only a reboot will fix it. Happens randomly.

Just got a new SIM from AT&T but I doubt it will address it.

Phone had no issues for a year.