iphone 4s 3g stand by HORRIBLE?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robbie12345, Nov 18, 2011.

1. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Hi i just bought my iPhone 2 days ago and haven't been to happy with its battery.

my 4s was having really bad standby time issues on wifi and 3g wifi not as bad but still and about 3% per minute on 3g 2.5 on wifi

i taked to a tier 1 and tier 2 representative and finally they told me to restore it i restored it and now i am getting about 6-7 hours of internet on wifi but more like 5.5 hours of talk time also my 3g is just as bad i called back today

they sailed to return it!!!!!

im shocked they would sell something that i need to return anyway

i don't want to trade a brand new iPhone for a refurb so any suggestions or similar cases thx for the input on what i should do

ps: brightness on near lowest below 20% also location services on no push notifications email off iCloud off and wireless sync off

2. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

Just wait for the 5.0.2 update and see if that fixes it.
    If not, then return it if it doesn't meet your needs.

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Maybe you haven't noticed there have been some battery issues reported with the new phone? Then you report getting 6-7b hours of usage and I'm having a little difficulty understanding the rest of the sentence, you say 5.5 hours of talk, but I don't know what you mean when you say the 3G is just as bad. How much standby time are you getting. 6-7 hours of Internet usage on a full battery is quite a bit, so I wouldn't say you have a problem with that much heavy usage. Considering the reported battery problems, if they asked you to return it, I would be thinking of that. Since the phone hasn't been out very long, I doubt there are refurbs out there right now anyway.

4. robbie12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry for the confusion, on WIFI i am getting about 6-7 hours instead of the advertised 10 with low brightness etc before the restore it was just as bad as 3g now but on 3g it is literacy sitting in my pocket and sipping battery also i know there have been battery issues with the phone that is why i am not rushing to the apple store to get a new one so I'm just asking your opinion

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I get 7-8 hours on WiFi mainly web browsing. And the advertised time is 9 hours for the 4S btw.