iPhone 4S 4th replacement in two months

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZakBrandonJake, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ZakBrandonJake
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

It all started around two months ago when I took my iPhone to a apple store to have the back replaced they ended up replacing my phone for 140 pounds.. This at the time seemed good.

A few days later on this phone I had received (the replacement) had a bright yellow screen tint and the vibration was very loud.. I took it back again and received a new one.

After around 2 weeks of receiving a new or I woke up one morning to find it was dead.. The iPhone when I plugged it in was in recovery and giving me errors, I tried everything I mean everything. AppleCare said take it to a apple store, they diagnosed hardware failure and replaced it.

With this new iPhone I received, it was all good vibration was perfect and the screen was. In the head phone jack of this new phone a lot of light leaks out I mean a lot no other black iPhone I have seen does this. Also a small dead pixel on the screen.

I need consistency from my iPhone, take good care of it and love it. The replacements are not good enough due to all there problems I have had. The apple store costs 20 pounds a pop to go to on the train and takes up my weekend.

Do you guys think apple care would ship me a brand new boxed iPhone out to stop all these problems?

Thanks

2. jbachandouris
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I would call Apple care and see what they say. Maybe they can offer you new. Doesn't hurt to try.

3. ZakBrandonJake
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

I'm scheduled an appointment for them to ring me, do you think asking for a boxe brand we iPhone 4S will be worth th hassle?

4. hitteam
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

hitteam

I dont know if its the same, i had my 9 months Macbook repair 3 times from apple care still having the same problem. So i talked to their store manager, and ask if they can just replace me a new unit. They called me back the next time, and gave me a brand new box. So go in and ask them nicely, you dont want to deal with the refurbished unit anymore, see if they will let you get a brand new unit instead. Good luck

5. ZakBrandonJake
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your reply, I contacted apple care yesterday and they said I should contact the manager of my local apple store. They are calling me in a few hours with a higher level support staff member, hopefully I can ask for a new unit brand new, and have a consistent phone again. I have spend alot going back and forth on the train and alot of time going to a store for a new replacement.

6. ZakBrandonJake
    Expand Collapse

Good news! AppleCare decided to send me a brand new retail boxed iPhone out, problem sorted!

Zak