iPhone 4S 5.0.1 Recovery Mode HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rgibson57, Jan 26, 2012.

1. rgibson57 macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my iPhone 4S yesterday with the recently released GreenPoison release. All was well and working until I installed the wrong Dreamboard Theme that made my iPhone inoperable but still functioning. I went to restore it to the backup I had made yesterday but when I go to iTunes all I receive is an error 21 telling me my iPhone cannot be restored.

I've tried reinstalling iTunes.
    I'm unable to enter DFU mode.

All my screen shows is the "Connect to iTunes" graphic.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME!

2. RBSHoo macrumors newbie

Yes, I had the same thing happen today on my JB iPhone 4S.

Desperate for a solution.

Anyone????

Please help!

3. CactusHawk macrumors regular

What I did

I has the same issue

Used Recboot to get it out of recovery. Tried DFU but only got errors 1600 and 1601.

Strange as it may seem I used my old windows machine (while in DFU MODE) and it restored just fine.

4. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

You have to be in dfu mode to do the correct restore. In order to tell the difference, DFU mode leaves the screen black and opens iTunes. From there u can do a fresh install.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

OP clearly stated that he was unable to enter DFU mode. Assuming that OP knows how to get the phone into dfu mode that is.

6. iFiend, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

iFiend macrumors 65816

Had this happen to me many times over the years.

Try this (with phone plugged in) - hold home and power, and right when the screen turns black, count out loud "one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand, four" and right when you say "four" (don't say one thousand), take your finger off the power button, and keep holding home.

Through trail and error, over many restores and jailbreaks, this almost always gets me into DFU, when I cannot otherwise, and when my phone is giving me the "connect to iTunes" screen, no matter what I do. I know that other guides will say "ten seconds home + power, ten seconds just home" for DFU, but I have found this timing to work when nothing else will.

If it doesn't work, repeat at the "connect to iTunes" screen.

Let me know if this does it!