Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asdf212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
One of my cydia apps crashed my iPhone and my only option was to upgrade.

What are my jailbreak options?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
No it's not real there is no jb out there. The chronic team told everybody to stop sending crash reports for now. All the exploits have been found per @pod2g they are working on the software part now. Just have to wait.

asdf212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Sorry for the bump

I havent been able to find anything out as the forums are skewed.

Any possibilities for 4s?

peshmerga8

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
sweden
Bumb :)

sry for bumb but noone seems to answer on the trubleshooting page

copy pasted my message.

Hello guys im new here and this seems to be a good place to get help. My problem is that im having major battery drain! It was at 100% at 23.00 when i went to sleep and when i woke up at 07.00 the battery was dead. Ive been recharching it twice a day and it just drains crazy much battery when on standby. Yes it is jailbroken and overall everything ive got installed is

Zephyr
Installous
SBsettings for NC
DimmedNCBackground
Barrel
Activator
Favorite contact in NC
(NC=notification center)

But I dont really think they would drain it that much cuz ive been the only one with that much of a problem when i googled it. I woul love if I could try and restore it but without updating to 5.1.1 i wanna keep it 5.0.1 and jailbroken/rejailbroken after the restoration. If you have ANY suggestions on what I could do it would help really much.

btw i got 3G turned off, low brightness, location servises off, almost nothing on the notification side on setting (like a red dot called ''notiser'' in swedish dunno in english) overall i got 13 apps on my phone from the app store. got 116 songs and 900 pictures got 10.3 gb availible. running on modemfrimware 1.0.13

any suggestions are welcome Thank you!

Hope you guys can solve it

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
sry for bumb but noone seems to answer on the trubleshooting page

copy pasted my message.

Hello guys im new here and this seems to be a good place to get help. My problem is that im having major battery drain! It was at 100% at 23.00 when i went to sleep and when i woke up at 07.00 the battery was dead. Ive been recharching it twice a day and it just drains crazy much battery when on standby. Yes it is jailbroken and overall everything ive got installed is

Zephyr
Installous
SBsettings for NC
DimmedNCBackground
Barrel
Activator
Favorite contact in NC
(NC=notification center)

But I dont really think they would drain it that much cuz ive been the only one with that much of a problem when i googled it. I woul love if I could try and restore it but without updating to 5.1.1 i wanna keep it 5.0.1 and jailbroken/rejailbroken after the restoration. If you have ANY suggestions on what I could do it would help really much.

btw i got 3G turned off, low brightness, location servises off, almost nothing on the notification side on setting (like a red dot called ''notiser'' in swedish dunno in english) overall i got 13 apps on my phone from the app store. got 116 songs and 900 pictures got 10.3 gb availible. running on modemfrimware 1.0.13

any suggestions are welcome Thank you!

Hope you guys can solve it

Seeing as you have installous I'm going to guess maybe you haven't been buying all of your apps/tweaks? Cracked versions could be causing your problem. If not then I'm not sure what is.

You should wait until the next update of redsn0w it will allow A5 and A5X devices to downgrade back to 5.0.1 provided they have their blobs saved so make sure to do that. I'm assuming you're using an iPhone 4S, are you?

peshmerga8

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
sweden
Seeing as you have installous I'm going to guess maybe you haven't been buying all of your apps/tweaks? Cracked versions could be causing your problem. If not then I'm not sure what is.

You should wait until the next update of redsn0w it will allow A5 and A5X devices to downgrade back to 5.0.1 provided they have their blobs saved so make sure to do that. I'm assuming you're using an iPhone 4S, are you?

hmm should i just remove everything i have in cydia could that maybe fix the problem? and yes actually ive been downloaded cracked tweaks (not so much from installous tho like 2 apps)

EDIT: just removed just about everything i got in cydia exept for favorite contacts in my notification center and SBS (had SBS before the problem occured) should i remove the favorite thingo too ?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
hmm should i just remove everything i have in cydia could that maybe fix the problem? and yes actually ive been downloaded cracked tweaks (not so much from installous tho like 2 apps)

You could try doing that and see if your battery life improves. Then install one tweak at a time and use your phone and see if that tweak is causing the battery drain. Do that with every tweak until you find which one is causing it. I'm not sure you'll find one that is causing it but it's worth a try.

(and downloading cracked apps/tweaks is frowned upon here and can't be discussed)

peshmerga8

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
sweden
You could try doing that and see if your battery life improves. Then install one tweak at a time and use your phone and see if that tweak is causing the battery drain. Do that with every tweak until you find which one is causing it. I'm not sure you'll find one that is causing it but it's worth a try.

(and downloading cracked apps/tweaks is frowned upon here and can't be discussed)

oh sorry, got a problem tho i cant pay for tweaks in cydia because i dont have possibility to use those payment methods what could i do ?

peshmerga8

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
sweden
Yes it's what I've done. I've added my mastercard to my paypal account.

Thank you very much guys ill go purchase all these tweaks later (if i notice i dont loose battery now) ill contact you again if i would need further help!!

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Thank you very much guys ill go purchase all these tweaks later (if i notice i dont loose battery now) ill contact you again if i would need further help!!

Good call - help support those that make these tweaks possible! Good luck with the battery issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.