Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like Steve Jobs simplistic iPhone and iOS Design

• Total voters

M-A-R-V

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Two of my favorite iPhone Design running my favorite iOS version (iOS6)
F7792343-E7D8-448E-930B-2B584087A438.jpeg

4S on original version (6.1.3) and 5 dual booted on iOS 6.1.4
8F74D869-A43E-4DA2-932F-070DF6D1E232.jpeg
70961D95-4DCD-40B6-B1BD-FB6C0F9BD632.jpeg

Those were the iPhones i was actually excited about at their Launch. Never liked the color design of iOS 7 and avobe.

These two iPhone's are classic now and always remind me on Steve Jobs..... :(

Those were the day's When iPhones were actually worth its value, The good old days.....

I miss skeuomorphism....

Last edited:
Reactions: Feyl and RAPTOR'

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
Cool. Although, I challenge you to use those as your daily drivers for more than a week.

M-A-R-V

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Cool. Although, I challenge you to use those as your daily drivers for more than a week.
Impossible!?

Majority of apps on Apple store doesn't support iOS 6 Anymore. It's impossible to find apps that support iOS 6 these days.

Reactions: iOSUser7

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Impossible!?

Majority of apps on Apple store doesn't support iOS 6 Anymore. It's impossible to find apps that support iOS 6 these days.
Yesterday I redownloaded the SOMA FM app so I could listen to DroneZone (ambient internet radio station) while connected to my BT loudspeaker.
[doublepost=1520178351][/doublepost]
View attachment 753184
View attachment 753182 View attachment 753183
Those were the iPhones i was actually excited about at their Launch. Never liked the color design of iOS 7 and avobe.

Those were the day's When iPhones were actually worth its value, The good old days.....

I miss skeuomorphism....
Museum pieces.
I have a 4s on 6.1.3. Jailbroken.

Unfortunately, I have yet to get my 5 back to iOS 6. Still sitting on 10.3.1.

Reactions: M-A-R-V

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Do you think there's other options? Other than Cool booter. If there is let me know?
There probably are. I just haven't gotten around to looking as my iPhone 5 is a secondary phone. Might ask on the jailbreak reddit over on reddit. They'd know more.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
No I don’t like iOS 6, nor do I miss it.

No I don’t like the design of the current iOS. It’s time for a redesign already.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
View attachment 753184
View attachment 753182 View attachment 753183

I miss skeuomorphism....

Just beautiful. Back when they actually cared about design and attention to detail. Although back then they had Scott Forstall who knew what the heck he was doing, and the last person there who was a perfectionist like Jobs. Now we have Jony Ive and Craig Fedirighi, which has resulted in... thick bold fonts and headers taking up chunks of space... flat, boring, cold design that lacks any character, charm, or warmth... tons of blinding white space thrown in your face within every app... UI glitches that make you go "wtf"... inconsistent performance that no longer runs at a solid 60fps so we get frame drops and stutters throughout the OS and many apps...

With Jobs and Forstall both gone, so has their quality control and attention to detail.

Last edited:

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010

Speak for yourself. The iPhone X is worth every penny of its $1,200 to me and about 30 million others. Considering how much we use our iPhones and how powerful they are it shouldn't cost less than a notebook, yet it does. Not to mention it replaced our iPod's, our digital cameras, our camcorders, our in-car video systems, our clock radios, and on and on. It's a tremendous value. It's cheap, actually.

And remember, iPhone's always cost over $800, adjusted for 2018 dollars around $1000 for the flagship model like the X. It was your mobile carrier that deeply discounted the hardware, it's AT&T or Verizon that paid so you could get a brand new iPhone every 2 years for $99. The price increase you feel today is not Apple's fault, it's the carriers who got all the subscribers they wanted, got their stock prices through the roof, and stopped the subsidies.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Every now and then when I am feeling nostalgic I fire up my original iPhone and enjoy me some iOS 3.1.3.

M-A-R-V

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Every now and then when I am feeling nostalgic I fire up my original iPhone and enjoy me some iOS 3.1.3.
Pictures of your device ?

I don't have my original anymore. I wasn't big fan of iPhone 3G design. It all started with iPhone 4 and iOS 4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.