iPhone 5 or earlier iPhone 4S/5 running iOS 6 in 2018 (End of Steve Jobs ERA)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M-A-R-V, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you like Steve Jobs simplistic iPhone and iOS Design

1. Yes i like iOS 6

52.4%
  2. Hell No i love iOS 7/8/9/10/11 Design

47.6%
  1. M-A-R-V, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018

M-A-R-V Suspended

M-A-R-V

Two of my favorite iPhone Design running my favorite iOS version (iOS6)
    F7792343-E7D8-448E-930B-2B584087A438.jpeg
    4S on original version (6.1.3) and 5 dual booted on iOS 6.1.4
    8F74D869-A43E-4DA2-932F-070DF6D1E232.jpeg 70961D95-4DCD-40B6-B1BD-FB6C0F9BD632.jpeg
    Those were the iPhones i was actually excited about at their Launch. Never liked the color design of iOS 7 and avobe.

These two iPhone's are classic now and always remind me on Steve Jobs..... :(

Those were the day's When iPhones were actually worth its value, The good old days.....

I miss skeuomorphism....

2. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

Cool. Although, I challenge you to use those as your daily drivers for more than a week.

3. M-A-R-V thread starter Suspended

M-A-R-V

Impossible!?

Majority of apps on Apple store doesn't support iOS 6 Anymore. It's impossible to find apps that support iOS 6 these days.

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Yesterday I redownloaded the SOMA FM app so I could listen to DroneZone (ambient internet radio station) while connected to my BT loudspeaker.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 4, 2018 ---
    I have a 4s on 6.1.3. Jailbroken.

Unfortunately, I have yet to get my 5 back to iOS 6. Still sitting on 10.3.1.

5. M-A-R-V thread starter Suspended

M-A-R-V

I think you are kidding? Right?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 4, 2018 ---
    Do you think there's other options? Other than Cool booter. If there is let me know?

6. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

There probably are. I just haven't gotten around to looking as my iPhone 5 is a secondary phone. Might ask on the jailbreak reddit over on reddit. They'd know more.

7. Kram Sacul macrumors 6502

Kram Sacul

No. Nothing wrong with holding onto and cherishing hardware from the past. I have a drawer full myself.

8. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

No I don’t like iOS 6, nor do I miss it.

No I don’t like the design of the current iOS. It’s time for a redesign already.

9. Superhappytree, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018

Superhappytree macrumors 6502a

Superhappytree

Just beautiful. Back when they actually cared about design and attention to detail. Although back then they had Scott Forstall who knew what the heck he was doing, and the last person there who was a perfectionist like Jobs. Now we have Jony Ive and Craig Fedirighi, which has resulted in... thick bold fonts and headers taking up chunks of space... flat, boring, cold design that lacks any character, charm, or warmth... tons of blinding white space thrown in your face within every app... UI glitches that make you go "wtf"... inconsistent performance that no longer runs at a solid 60fps so we get frame drops and stutters throughout the OS and many apps...

With Jobs and Forstall both gone, so has their quality control and attention to detail.

10. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Speak for yourself. The iPhone X is worth every penny of its $1,200 to me and about 30 million others. Considering how much we use our iPhones and how powerful they are it shouldn't cost less than a notebook, yet it does. Not to mention it replaced our iPod's, our digital cameras, our camcorders, our in-car video systems, our clock radios, and on and on. It's a tremendous value. It's cheap, actually.

And remember, iPhone's always cost over $800, adjusted for 2018 dollars around $1000 for the flagship model like the X. It was your mobile carrier that deeply discounted the hardware, it's AT&T or Verizon that paid so you could get a brand new iPhone every 2 years for $99. The price increase you feel today is not Apple's fault, it's the carriers who got all the subscribers they wanted, got their stock prices through the roof, and stopped the subsidies.

11. M-A-R-V thread starter Suspended

M-A-R-V

Can you post pictures of your old iPhone?

12. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

Every now and then when I am feeling nostalgic I fire up my original iPhone and enjoy me some iOS 3.1.3.

13. M-A-R-V thread starter Suspended

M-A-R-V

Pictures of your device ?

I don't have my original anymore. I wasn't big fan of iPhone 3G design. It all started with iPhone 4 and iOS 4