iPhone 4S 64GB Freezes Daily

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d21mike, Nov 17, 2011.

1. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My wife's new White iPhone 4S 64GB Freezes daily. Can't figure it out. Of course it happens while on the way home from work after not using it all day. Sometimes needs to wait until she get's home to plug it in to get it to power up. You would assume maybe dead battery but as soon as she plugs it in and then it comes on it shows 80+% battery. Any ideas?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I would try a restore, and if that doesn't work, the Genius Bar.

3. d21mike thread starter macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks. I did do a Reset All Settings from Setttings / Reset this morning. When it restarted I had to answer the normal setup questions but it did not request a restore. So not sure if I still need to do a restore from iTunes but she needs to take it to work. My plan was to go to the Genius Bar Saturday if this does not help.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

A reset deletes your data and settings. A restore loads a fresh new copy of the OS. You will likely need to get it replaced anyway as that behavior is not normal, but trying a restore might work. Worth a try. Good luck!

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

If it freezes again, go to Settings>General>About>Diagnostics & Usage. If you see any entry with "panic.plist", take it to the Genius Bar. Faulty hardware.

6. forefun macrumors newbie

Freezing phone

I was having freezing issues as well, even after the iOS software update to 5.0.1, so I just did a restore. Not enough time to tell if that fixed the freezing issue, but WOW, the battery life just went from "sucky" to awesome. I was below 92% after a couple hours. 4 hours later and it is still at 100%. SUWEET!