iPhone 4S advice + help???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cedunn21, Oct 4, 2012.

1. cedunn21 macrumors member

To keep the story short..

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 the day of release. I then handed it over to my cousin (after restoring) on release day of iPhone 5. She activated it with her number and used it for around 3-4 days and the started getting a "SEARCHING" instead of service. Verizon Rep told her to restore and reactivate.

When she restored it with her computer she got ERROR Cannot be restored (-1). I then attempted to restore from my computer and got the same issue. The phone displays connect to iTunes logo and itunes says "Detected iPhone in recovery mode..."

I've read online this could be a hardware malfunction. The phone is under warranty until Oct. 14th. (Apple 1-year limited) and was wondering if ANYONE knows a fix for this or if I should just bring it to the Apple Store?

I do want to note that WHEN I HAD THE PHONE I jailbroke it for about a week then restored it back because I didn't really know what I was doing and I didnt like any of the added features. That was several months ago (When iOS 5 jailbreak came out) and I have used it restored to factory settings (no jailbreak) up until iPhone 5 release with no problems at all...

Thanks for any help/advice in advance!!

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

My white 4S would randomly search for AT&T's network. I took it in and the Genius said it had been dropping calls and replaced it on the spot. I was still under warranty as well. Take it in.