iPhone 4S - Altamonte Springs Mall - Orlando, FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Fluidmusic00, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Fluidmusic00 macrumors member

Anyone lining up on Friday morning? If so, what time?

2. billsrcursed macrumors member

For the 4 last year, I got there at around 3am and security was telling everyone not to enter the parking lot property until 6am (when the mall was opening for Apple Store). We parked across the street at a Grocery store parking lot.

At around 4:45am or so people started just walking up to the doors. There were enough people that security had to call the police to keep the crowd "calm".

As an FYI, and I don't know how they'll do it this year, they just opened the doors and told everyone not to run. We ran. I started off at about 20th in line, but when they moved us to line up in a single file, I ended up back about 100 spots. 12 hours later, and many people cutting line, I got my phone.

I'll never do it again, but good luck!! :D

PS - I believe there's still a youtube video of the whole thing going down, just search for Altamonte Springs Iphone.... I was the bald guy with the grey Buffalo Sabres t-shirt and pissed off face!

3. Fluidmusic00 thread starter macrumors member

Not entirely sure what I want to do. I saw the video a little while back, what a mess! I hope they are more orderly this year after the bad press last year. They should have formed a line outside and walked everyone in. I went to Millennia for the 3G launch and that worked well in a mall situation.