iPhone 4S and AT&T pay-as-you-go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gguerini, Apr 16, 2012.

1. gguerini macrumors regular

gguerini

Hey guys,

I have an unlocked iPhone 4S and I will be travelling in the USA for the next three months. I can't commit to a full contract with AT&T because I will go back to Brazil in July.

I'd like to know if I can get a pay-as-you-go with AT&T. I know AT&T doesn't offer this kind of service to iPhone users, but I read it's possible to get a pay-as-you-go CHIP and use in an iPhone. I'd like to use data as well. Can I do that?

Do I need to jailbreak my phone??

Thanks guys! Any help will be very much appreciated.

G

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

straight talk is $45 unlimited talk/text/data but you'll need a shipping address to receive your sim

3. gguerini thread starter macrumors regular

gguerini

That would not be a problem. All the process would be easy to do? Do I need o know anything else?

4. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Nope, just order your sim + plan ahead of time, insert sim and activate it. You'll have to go on unlockit.co.nz to activate data and it's 3g speeds. Although I say unlimited data/talk/text, there is a soft cap of ~2gb per month

5. gguerini thread starter macrumors regular

gguerini

If I buy one of those dumb-phones at Target, can I chose the plan I want? Can I still use on my iPhone? I need the CHIP before this weekend and I don't think they will arrive before that if I buy them online.

6. BiggAW macrumors 68020

You need to order online. They don't sell the SIMs anywhere.