Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Since upgrading iOS6, my iPhone 4S brightness creeps up without my intervention. I'll set it to about 40% and later in the day, it will be nearly 90%.

The slider is moving to the right without me going into settings. Anyone seeing this?

4rtemidis

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Switzerland
I have set it to 50% and auto-brightness but it's always the same brightness even in the dark rooms... With iOS 5 it was dimming the display when it was dark... It seems like this is buggy in iOS 6.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
For the 4S Auto brightness actually changes the brightness. Lots of folks didn't like that behavior during the beta's. I actually think it is more useful. I think that feature is only for the 4S, iPad 3 and the 5. other iOS devices operate the old way.

jacobss

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
Netherlands
For the 4S Auto brightness actually changes the brightness. Lots of folks didn't like that behavior during the beta's. I actually think it is more useful. I think that feature is only for the 4S, iPad 3 and the 5. other iOS devices operate the old way.

I find it useful too, it now dims after a while when you go to a dark room/place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.