iPhone 4S - Apple Store - Rockaway, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Raska, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Raska macrumors 6502

I've been doing Apple launches here for years now and the iPhone 4S is no different. Anyone else going to be there?

2. ktmracer350 macrumors member

Yup I was first in line last year for the Iphone 4 and am looking to be first again. Preferably I am looking to sell my spot as my mom ordered a phone and is giving it to me since she was eligible. What time are you getting there at?

3. is250 macrumors newbie

If I come by 6AM, does anyone know what my chances are getting one (don't have one reserved). Thanks

4. ktmracer350 macrumors member

I would say very bad because, last year by that time the line was huge. I will be selling my first place spot though if your interested. Also last year there was much confusion as to what entrance would be used however the entrance that was used was closest to starbucks which is slightly longer then the entrance by mcdonalds however i am assuming that it wont change and if your on the other side you will be let in later or told to go around. When i am there tomorrow i will try to press mall security, etc. And post updates.

5. is250 macrumors newbie

Lol no thanks. I'm not that desperate for a phone. Just trying to see how long the lines would be.

6. ktmracer350 macrumors member

If you werent able to secure one by pre-ordering your'e going to have to come much earlier then 1 or 2 hrs before they let everyone inside the mall.

7. is250 macrumors newbie

Alright cool thanks. To save time, do they allow us to activate the phones at home? I don't want to waste time setting up the phone there.

8. Raska thread starter macrumors 6502

Come on, man, don't you have anything better to do than that? :p

----------

I'm pretty sure you have the option to activate it at home, not 100% on that, though. They may want to activate it in-store to prevent reselling.

9. ktmracer350 macrumors member

Nope you cant activate it at home because otherwise people would resell them. Raska what time are you getting there at?

10. jaycarroll, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

jaycarroll macrumors regular

A couple hours before is fine for Short Hills, I got there at 10:30am last year and walked out with an iPhone 4. Get there early if you don't want to wait very long, that's the only concern.

EDIT: In case anyone was confused, I thought this thread was for Short Hills Mall originally (a *much* better choice than Rockaway's cubby hole of a store)

11. ktmracer350 macrumors member

Im at the rockaway mall first in line for the iphone 4s outside of the starbucks entrance which was the entrance used last year or at least opened up first last year. Im selling my spot just so that anyone who comes by the mall knows who sees this.

12. is250 macrumors newbie

When you went at 10:30, how long did it take to get the phone after?

----------

That's the entrance with GNC right? Not sure if I should go to Shorts Hills or Rockaway. I plan on getting to either location around 4:30.

13. Raska thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll see you soon. Anything to do there all night?

14. ktmracer350, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

ktmracer350 macrumors member

Yup the entrance by the gnc. I would come to rockaway @ 4:30 and you should be good to go plus its unlikely you'll have a substantially better chance of getting a phone at one store over another and I also doubt there will be a vast difference in the amount of time that you will have to wait at one store over another.

15. Raska thread starter macrumors 6502

First in line last year...I think I remember you...

16. is250 macrumors newbie

Sounds good. One problem - are they allowing people to stand inside because of the rain?

17. ktmracer350 macrumors member

You still javent answered my question of when your coming and if you bring me some dunkin donuts ill pay you back lol.

----------

No the mall will be closing in 2 mins. and im the only person waiting that i know. There is a good amount of room where probably about 35 people can stand under the roof but when you get here there prob. wont be room.

18. Raska thread starter macrumors 6502

I got $4 in cash man I can't get it for myself let alone someone else haha.

19. ktmracer350 macrumors member

It was worth a try. Last year my parents and brother were here so my mom went to various places although this year i came under prepared. Also to answer your other question theres nothing to do right now and my iphone is losing battery fast.

20. is250 macrumors newbie

If I get a chance, I'll get you some coffee. Just keep us updated on how the long the lines are and such. Thanks man

21. Raska thread starter macrumors 6502

So how much money will you have to make off your spot for it to be worth it?

22. ktmracer350 macrumors member

I dont need that much money and id be happy and to to the other guy if you get me coffee it would be much appreciated and i will pay you back.

23. ktmracer350 macrumors member

Im the only person here still and there are also maps telling you where to line up. If buying from apple you go to the entrance by the gnc/starbucks. If buying from verizon its about 50 ft. Away from the entrance for apple and if buying from at&t/sprint its on the other side of the mall.

24. is250 macrumors newbie

Nice keep us posted. Thanks

25. ktmracer350 macrumors member

There are two cars in the parking lot with people in them that just came about 10 mins. ago. I am assuming there here for the iphone just sitting in their cars waiting. Since the weather is kind of unfavorable right now i think a buch of people are just going to show up shortly before 8 a.m. unlike last year when there were a good amount of people already at this time.