iPhone 4S Apple Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reclusive46, Feb 3, 2012.

1. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Hi there. I'm going to be living in the US for a while I was wondering if my factory unlocked iPhone bought from the UK with AppleCare will be covered under warranty in the US?

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

My guess would be yes also. You could probably get they information by calling Apple, if that's possible for you.:D

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

would be a pretty silly "world phone" if you could only have it fixed/replaced under warranty in your home country.

5. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

The warranty only covers in the country you purchased in but apple will serivce it.They service my unlocked 4S in the covent garden store in london

6. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Ah so its basically Apple just covering their arse? I guess I wouldn't have any trouble with the replacement being unlocked as well as its all done via IMEI isn't it?

7. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Its more like Apple being courteous and if its unlocked your phone will be swapped out as such,Apple doesnt have to service a phone from a different country its stated in the warranty but they almost always will.And thats why I like using apple products,the customer service makes you feel good