iPhone 4S AppleCare+ Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sith Vol, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Sith Vol macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

So I bought AC+ with my iPhone 4S after my preorder. However, I was just curious if I have this plan could I get a new "replacement" iPhone in white for $200? I have the black one, but I really like the white iPhone. Just curious. Not a big deal if that's not possible to switch colors. Thought some of you might know or have any experience with this.

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Nope they won't swap ya like that unless it's within the return time frame.

3. jackhdev macrumors 6502

Nope, don't think so. It's possible to get a new black one (for $50), but not a white one.

4. Sith Vol thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Rats. Was kinda wanting to change things up even though I've had my phone since launch lol.

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Your best bet (and still a risky long shot) would be to visit Craigslist or something similar and find someone in the exact same boat as you, but with a white one looking to get a black one. So long as they also have AC+, you might get lucky and get it for an even swap... but you're not going to get it that way from Apple just because you changed your mind on the color.

6. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I swapped my White 4S for a Black one at the Apple store today. But, of course, I was within my 14 days.

I am really liking the black over the white one, especially since I also have a white 4!!

Also, swapped my White iPad [ 3rd Gen ] for a Black one and very happy!!

7. Sith Vol thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

I'll look into that.

And true, in regards to the Apple deal. I just wondered if AC+ would maybe factor into me being allowed to completely buy a new iPhone for the $200 price.