iPhone 4S AT&T Philadelphia area.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j1787, Mar 27, 2012.

1. j1787 macrumors member

j1787

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to potentially switch carriers. My contract ends this month. Then I will be free from Verizon and on a month to month payment.

I wondering if anyone could post speeds from their iPhone 4S or "new" iPad (3) from the Philly area?

I know LTE is unavailable from ATT in Philadelphia as of now, however I want to know if HSPA+ is just as fast as Verizon LTE in the area.

When I was using a 4G LTE device on Verizon I would hit an average of 8-12 down and 1-5 up.

So let me know what you think of your service and speeds. Any input would be helpful.

2. j1787 thread starter macrumors member

j1787

Sorry about the title, not sure why that posted like that.

No one reading this is in the Philadelphia area?

3. darryljones macrumors newbie

I have the iphone 4. Download is 3.75 & 1.75 up. I know the 4s will be faster though.

When is Philly getting LTE thru AT&t? Does anybody know?

4. Jonk1183 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

I live in philly. Cant post my speeds right now but i have a 4s on att and my speeds are great. Im on wifi alot and when im not on wifi the difference is barely noticable. Att is great in philly imo.

5. j1787 thread starter macrumors member

j1787

Thanks! Please post some speeds of you get a chance?

I'm thinking of Making the switch, I'm mostly a data user, I rarely use my phone, maybe 400 minutes month or less.

I know Verizon is much more reliable nationwide, but I'm in Philadelphia 95% of the time. I max out at 1.2 mbps it's pretty bad most of the time.

What part of the city do you live?

6. j1787 thread starter macrumors member

j1787

Also to the second poster, I don't know when AT&T LTE is scheduled to be competed. I can't find any info or timeline estimate.

7. lsxrx7 macrumors newbie

hey saw u on the other thread saying you want to trade verizon unlimited for AT&T ?

I have AT&T unlimited LTE and wanted to try out verizon's network
    let me know if u are still trying to trade

8. Lioncrazz macrumors member

I love my AT&T service in Philadelphia. I just ran a speed test 5 times for you and I got an average download of 3.5 an upload of 1.15.

9. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

I averaged 5Mbps/1.6Mbps with AT&T on an iPhone 4.

10. ddotr1988 macrumors newbie

This is rare

I just did a speed test after I read this post and I have to warn you that this is very rare. Its usually like 1.5-2.5 down and 1-2 up. If it was always like this I could not complain, but its not
    speed test.jpg