iPhone 4S backplate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taptic, Feb 25, 2013.

1. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Hi,

If I buy a backplate for the iPhone 4, will it work for the 4s as well? or are they different?

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

They're different.

3. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

The iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 Back Plates are different for certain models.

The iPhone 4S back plate will work for a CDMA (Verizon/ Sprint) iPhone 4, but it will not work with the GSM iPhone 4. Basically, only the CDMA iPhone 4

4. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

Hmm, ok, thanks guys.

Do any of you know where I can find a detailed information web-page about what parts have to be bought to fix different gens of iPhones/ipods?

5. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Here's the scoop for iPhones (I'll list the most common parts to be replaced):
    (GSM) iPhone 4 LCD Digitizer
    (CDMA) iPhone 4 LCD Digitizer
    (GSM) iPhone 4 Back Plate
    (CDMA) iPhone 4 Back Plate
    The home button flex cable and the home button are not model specific. So the same can be used for the GSM and CDMA iPhone 4.

The LCD Digitizer Assembly for the iPhone 4S is not model specific, so a GSM iPhone 4S LCD Digitizer Assembly will also work for and CDMA iPhone 4S. However, the iPhone 4 LCD Digitizer and iPhone 4S LCD Digitizer cannot be swapped.

The iPhone 4S back plates also are not model specific, so you can swap them between GSM and Verizon iPhone 4S phones.

Hope I was able to clear it up a bit for you. If there are any other compatibility questions you have I would be glad to help:apple: