iPhone 4S Battery Drain (iOS 6): Possibly Solved...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Prof., Oct 6, 2012.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

For those of you with an iPhone 4S (I can't speak for iPhone 5 since I don't have one), if you have Find My Friends activated on your iPhone and you notice your battery draining fast, delete the app.

I reset all the settings on my iPhone last night hoping it would possibly fix the battery issue. After charging my iPhone to 100% it seemed to have worked, until I reactivated Find My Friends. Once I did that, my battery went from 95% to 90% in 20-30 mins with minimal usage.

Furthermore, I think it's location services in general causing horrible battery life. I've notice the location icon in the status bar a lot more with iOS 6 compared to iOS 5.

Thoughts?

2. aleni macrumors 68020

use location service for important apps only like maps. social network apps like fb and twitter need loc service too when u like to check in. but i think nobody cares about where your current location is so it's better to turn off the loc services for those kinds of apps.

and in system services under location service, only enable traffic, cell network search and compass calibration.