iPhone 4s Battery fix - I did it!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radioh3ad, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Radioh3ad macrumors newbie

Radioh3ad

Hey guys,
    Just thought I'd start my own little thread about the battery issue and how I managed to "save" my phone.

I was experiencing, like many iPhone 4s owners, terrible battery quality. After 20 minutes of listening to music it would drop from 100% to 92%. Taking it off of full charge at 8am and by 3pm id be close to 20%, with the brightness practically at zero and only texting the odd time or checking twitter. No heavy usage.

I read many posts on how to potentially fix it and heres what happened I had initially restored my phone from my old iPhone 4 and was running it off that. thats with the bad battery. Instead, i erased everything and started it as a new phone as people said this may help. Let me tell you, it DID. Initially i ran it through a cycle and let it die then charged it after starting as a new phone.

TODAY, using it as normal, ive had an amazing battery even better than my 4. I listened to music for 30 minutes at 8am and was still at 100% and by 10am i was at 99%. My standby time is now incredible and everything is good.

I HIGHLY recommend this folks cause it sure as hell was worth it for me!!

Cheers

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

This didn't solve the battery problem for me. I tried it about a week ago. I was getting around MAYBE 6 hours of usage.
    I updated to 5.0.1 wen it came out a couple of days ago and that made my battery worst.. Battery died in about 5 hours of usage.. I just updated to 5.0.2 and charging back up from 0 and will let you all know how it goes later

3. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

there's a 5.0.2?

4. theperipheral macrumors 6502

it was released today...DUH

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

6. SL4VE macrumors 6502

thing i find is on some days the battery is great and some days not so, its really not consistent enough to do proper comparisons. if i let me phone charge overnight it drains quicker than just charging it to 100% and using