iPhone 4S battery life...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aviboy97, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Aviboy97 macrumors regular

I have updated my iPhone 4S to 5.1 and I am still experiencing terrible battery life. I can't make throughout the day even when using no apps, little Internet and some message and phone calls. Anyone have any advise?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Shutting down notifications and push email, along with the bluetooth anything seems to help my situation. I additionally purchased "XtremeMac" battery charging case. I recently received a replacement iPhone 4S 64GB due to a bad volume button and the battery on this replacement seems to hold its charge a little better at present...

3. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

4. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Great idea. Spend this kind of bones on a phone and then tell the user to shut down features. :rolleyes: Sounds like I'm on an Android forum.

5. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

Shut off bluetooth (unless you have to have it), turn off the Siri "raise to speak" feature, cut down on which location services you have. Put email accounts to "fetch" not push, lower brightness, minimize the amount of things you have in the notification screen...these are some of the things you can do to help the battery, until of course Apple fixes it (if they can). But as someone suggested, check out the batterygate forum, lots of discussion there... like 500 pages worth.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

sounds like most people have 3 options:
    1. shut off services that are not in use to conserve battery life.
    2. keep said services on and quit bitching
    3. Um... I forget...oops.