Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Aviboy97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have updated my iPhone 4S to 5.1 and I am still experiencing terrible battery life. I can't make throughout the day even when using no apps, little Internet and some message and phone calls. Anyone have any advise?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Shutting down notifications and push email, along with the bluetooth anything seems to help my situation. I additionally purchased "XtremeMac" battery charging case. I recently received a replacement iPhone 4S 64GB due to a bad volume button and the battery on this replacement seems to hold its charge a little better at present...

ecwhite4S

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Shut off bluetooth (unless you have to have it), turn off the Siri "raise to speak" feature, cut down on which location services you have. Put email accounts to "fetch" not push, lower brightness, minimize the amount of things you have in the notification screen...these are some of the things you can do to help the battery, until of course Apple fixes it (if they can). But as someone suggested, check out the batterygate forum, lots of discussion there... like 500 pages worth.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Great idea. Spend this kind of bones on a phone and then tell the user to shut down features. :rolleyes: Sounds like I'm on an Android forum.

sounds like most people have 3 options:
1. shut off services that are not in use to conserve battery life.
2. keep said services on and quit bitching
3. Um... I forget...oops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.