Iphone 4S battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SuperMiguel, Mar 20, 2012.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

How long the battery last? email, facebook, text and web browsing?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Depends on a lot of other things as well, including carrier and signal strength - CDMA carriers (Sprint/Verizon) eat battery when the signal is weak.

3. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; HTC Amaze 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Att

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Every owner has different usage patterns.

If you get at least a days use out of your iPhone 4s after moderate to heavy usage then be happy with that.

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

There are plenty of threads already... feel free to do a search and find hundreds of screen captures showing different people's usage and battery life.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

7. Beelzbub macrumors regular

I can get through a whole day with heavy usage, sometimes a little longer, and on light days like yesterday and today, I can get through 2 days. I took mine off the charger at 7am yesterday morning and here it is just a few minutes past 5pm on Tuesday and I have 15% battery life left. I will probably get through the evening with it and put it on the charger before I go to bed. the 4S is a huge improvement over the 3GS I had. On my 3GS, I was lucky if I could go through a whole day sometimes.

8. ap3604, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You're right, I plugged it in for 10 min on my way home. Literally, 10 min.

10. cynics macrumors G4

I get 5 - 8 hours of usage depending on what I do. Feels like standby is infinite.....I'm at 7 hours usage with 1 day of standby. Verizon 4S 16gb

11. farkingdom macrumors member

Well, the battery did improve in iOS 5.1.
    In 5.0.1, I find that the battery drains way faster.

12. cynics macrumors G4

I didn't have any difference however I didn't consider the battery life bad in 5.0.1 on my 4S.

13. farkingdom macrumors member

Well after charging, my 4S managed to stay at 100% for quite awhile with standby and little web browsing. In 5.0.1, the battery percentage drops even though I'm not using it.

14. k3roro macrumors 6502

Actually, I had Wifi turned on the entire time before, I guess it was constantly searching for signal, now that I turned it off it seems quite good.

15. jkronos macrumors newbie

jkronos

Just want to share this, i have been monitoring battery life since 5.1 came out and i did not saw a BIG difference before and after, but as i started to do research almost all users who had the worse battery life were using gmail or google aps as exchange and were also pushing calendar and contacts, what i did was got sparrow the new email client that came out and download boxcar and that replaced my gmail needs using my own domain, but i took it to step futher and disable push on my exchange work email as well and started using boxcar for those pushed as well and also for google voice and facebook, now let me you i saw a BIG difference from day 1 , i had never see my phone stay on 100% this long, am a heavy user and after doing this am draining 1% per hour or less, i manage to get 18% left after 1 day, 13 hours of use, out of those 6+ hours were usage.

I also moved my contacts to icloud i did this initially to get the full picture as the caller id of my contacts using the smartsync app were calls were received since google contacts only showed a small square picture, but i think this is also helping turn off all push with gmail from the default mail app.

Attached Files:

16. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

How long is a piece of string? :rolleyes: