Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lightey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
This has been going on since October, when I got my phone, but the past few weeks, it's been unbearable. My phone's battery is worse than what I had on my iPhone 4, and my 3GS, and probably even my original iPhone. It's absolutely horrendous. I'm trying to use this thing as a phone, to text people, and to check Twitter, and it dies after about 3 hours of off and on use. Not to mention that it drops about 10% an hour on standby. Is there anything I can do to make the battery life at least useable?

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
This has been going on since October, when I got my phone, but the past few weeks, it's been unbearable. My phone's battery is worse than what I had on my iPhone 4, and my 3GS, and probably even my original iPhone. It's absolutely horrendous. I'm trying to use this thing as a phone, to text people, and to check Twitter, and it dies after about 3 hours of off and on use. Not to mention that it drops about 10% an hour on standby. Is there anything I can do to make the battery life at least useable?

Restore and set up the device as new? Also if you do this there are ways of getting back certain data you need, like SMS, notes, call history, app data, etc.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Download one of the free system monitor apps and find out what's eating all your battery. I assume an app has gone bonkers and is chewing up all your CPU and battery. Sometimes just turning it off and on will stop the process and it won't come back.

Coldsnow

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
I've had this problem with my 4s since last month but it has gotten better. One thing you can do is kill the apps that you are not using (double click home button > hold down icons > hit the red minuses ), this makes sure the apps you aren't using don't take up meaningless resource.
-Another thing you can do is turn off the Bluetooth, leaving it on drains the battery.
-Lastly when you are out and about and rely on 3G, turn OFF the Wifi ( settings > wifi > switch off ), this saves the battery a ton, simply because you give the phone a break from searching for connected networks, even when you are not connected to a particular network.
Still, Apple needs to produce a more conservative update for the iPhones battery because it's a pinging problem. :( Hope I helped!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.