iPhone 4S battery problem = hardware?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mark28, Mar 25, 2012.

1. mark28 macrumors 68000

Seems the battery problems with the iPhone 4S is not a software issue. So it's best to skip this phone and get a Samsung Galaxy S3 or "the new iPhone" when they ship?

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Ive had 2 4S's, and know plenty of others with a 4S, and nobody really has any battery issues. They are al much better than most/any of the large screen android phones.

3. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

As battery life has undeniably had a lot of buzz around it with the 4s it would be pretty awesome if they made the battery in the new phone great. I don't know much about battery technology, however, so don't know how realistic it is. I'm sure if they could stick a battery in the phone that lasted twenty years before a charge they would.

4. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

It's not a hardware issue. I've gotten spectacular usage out of it, and battery issues are plaguing not just iPhone 4S users but also 4 and (to a lesser extent) 3GS users. I've turned off location specific iAds and something else in Location settings, and I've restored to a clean phone. I've also calibrated by running the phone off battery until it shuts down. Now, I get about 8 hours of normal usage and 9 hours of standby time. Granted, it shouldn't take so much user effort to make the phone run well, but it's proof that the problem is not hardware based.

5. taedouni macrumors 65816

Lol at the suggestion for getting an android phone over the iPhone. I switched from the iPhone 4S to the Nexus then to the rezound and let me tell you how crappy the battery life was. After 2 weeks I switched back to the iPhone .

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The problem with the 4S is that it's a smartphone. Yes, you read that right. SGS2 has comparable battery life IME, though I have done some heavy tweaks to both devices at this point.

7. salacious macrumors 6502a

Who let the trolls out .... Who.... who.... who...

8. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

What I find funny about the battery drainage issue is some days I get great battery life, both usage and standby, and other days I get poor usage and standby.

Same apps same usage times. Not really sure whats going on.

James