IPhone 4S beaten by the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

JCCL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
At least in GPU capabilities, the 4S runs circles around the Galaxy Nexus, which has a much older chip.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I'm sure alot of people here could care less. Not saying that the Galaxy Nexus isn't a good phone. For the people that are tired of iOS tho Galaxy Nexus probably is a good choice for them if they wanna go Android.

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I'm sure alot of people here could care less. Not saying that the Galaxy Nexus isn't a good phone. For the people that are tired of iOS tho Galaxy Nexus probably is a good choice for them if they wanna go Android.
Indeed but it is always good to read reviews and most I have seen have said OVERALL the 4s is a better phone to have. Speed wise it is pretty much neck and neck though with one faster than the other every now and then.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
I call BS.

The iphone wins in the small screen battle it has the smallest week little screen out.

Apple also wins in the slower CPU battle, oh ya we got the slow stuff here.

Apple also wins in the cant customize your device battle. Apples got that one hands down.

Lastly apple is killing in the slow data battle, oh ya baby we got some old 14 mb 3g. take that you fast 4g competition.

Oh Oh and apple has the overpriced battle won also. Shoot it looks like apple wins this round.:D

It's funny because it's true..

I do own a 64 gig 4s and it is my party so I can complain if I want.

Last edited:

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
Apple is akin to art

An original painting is vastly more desirable than a thousand or so copies.

Copies may have superior features in some areas but nothing comes close to the original masterpiece.

It doesn't stop me personally from owning copies or android devices but nothing beats apple/iOS/iPhone on user experience. When you start drawing specification tables yes, but it's all about living with the art. What makes you feel better.

Sensamic

macrumors 68030
Mar 26, 2010
Who cares who beats who? The only thing that matters is the user experience.

Im thinking of buying the Nexus just because my iPhone 4 home button is starting to fail. Its quite a problem and it drives me nuts. I like the buttons on the screen of the Nexus, which would not break over time just like a hardware button.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
Android wins in the "most times I restart my phone in a day contest"

Android wins in the "most apps with malware derby"

Android wins in the "fastest to drain battery race"

Android wins with the owners with "most star wars toys competition"

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
IPhone 4S beaten by the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Dead horse beaten by yet another person... :rolleyes:

Who cares if it was beaten?

Just buy whatever you like. That's what I do.
^ This. Spec sheet racing is fairly pointless in and of itself. Consider the bigger picture when shopping.

I'm sure alot of people here could care less.
Couldn't care less. Could care less means the opposite of what you're trying to say.

Indeed but it is always good to read reviews and most I have seen have said OVERALL the 4s is a better phone to have.
It's always good to consider your specific needs/wants/preferences/budget/etc. Spec sheet racing and reviews don't really mean much on their own. You need to use them in conjunction with your own criteria to determine which device suits you best.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
The only review on the internet that matters is from The Verge.

Topolsky reviewed the iPhone 4S and the Galaxy Nexus and gave them both 8.6.

Both have strengths and weaknesses, but at the end of the day, pick the one you prefer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.