iPhone 4s Being Shipped UPS ... Do I Have To Be There To Sign?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Oct 13, 2011.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I know last year with the iPhone 4 it was shipped by FedEx and it needed a signature or you could print a release form to leave at the door.

UPS doesn't have the option to print a release form to leave at the door so if I am not home will they leave my package at the door?

My UPS guy NEVER for any delivery ask for a signature and leaves every package I've ever got for years just sitting at the door (I live in a safe neighborhood with a very secluded porch).

Any idea about this guys?

Thanks so much for the info.

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

The drivers sometimes make the call if they know you or if you are secluded. I would suspect a signature is required for these shipments.

I don't like UPS because they are unreliable and inconvenient.

3. bt22 macrumors 6502

Can you tell me where I can find this release form for FedEx? I can't seem to find it.

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If you ordered from Apple, there should be a link to a pre-sign form on your order status page and also in the email they sent letting you know your order shipped. Sign it, leave it on the door, and UPS should leave your package.

5. Pemfrap macrumors newbie

My UPS tracking gives me the option to waive signature. That option appeared on the UPS tracking page about 12 hours after the initial tracking info was sent to me.

6. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Where is this located?

7. WWCOVE macrumors newbie

Wwcove

Go to the apple website where you can print an apple release. Put this release on front door and your UPS driver can release all apple deliveries with this release. I'm a driver.

----------

REPEAt: you must either sign in person or print the Apple release. No driver can waive this option on ape packages.

8. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

I never had to sign for fedex delivery even when I'm not home.

I thought fedex only requires a signature if they deliver to businesses.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Fedex deliveries from apple you do