iPhone 4s Browsing Speed AMAZING!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tee2eye, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Tee2eye macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just received my 32gb white 4s yesterday through Verizon, and I'm more than impressed. When searching the web while wifi is on, everything is just about instant. It is sooo quick, def lived up to its hype.
    Only problem I've been having, like others, is the battery problem. When using the phone (texting,browsing,etc), it seems that the battery drains anywhere from 1-3% every 10-15 minutes or so. With heavy use obviously it's larger, and this is kind of a problem. I just upgraded to 501, hoping it would fix it. Havent been able to test it so I can't say for sure, but it doesn't seem like it changed much. For instance, my battery drained 2% while writing this from the iPhone....hm.
    But like I said, I'm very impressed with the speed the phone has. Anyone else agree?

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

3. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Yeah I find the browsing really fast on the 4S. I also like the feature to open links in the background, although this is a iOS 5 feature, not just a 4S feature.

Re battery.

Go into Location Services/system services (this is right at the bottom). Once in here switch status bar icon to ON, if you see the a little arrow icon next to the battery, then there is something using location services, I would be almost certain that this is SETTING TIME ZONE, switch off setting time zone, this one has been known to cause a big battery drain, due to it using location services constantly. The other options in there, compass calibration, location based iAds and the others, then these can be left on if desired, personally I have all of them turned off. But definitely switch off setting time zone.

Do 3 complete discharges and charges and see how things are. If you are still not satisfied then do a restore as new, this a lot of the time solves it.

4. Tee2eye thread starter macrumors member

Appreciate your help. But when I first received the phone, I just turned OFF Location Services totally...and the battery was dying. I" just switched it on, disaabled all the system services, and ill see how it goes.
    Overall, im very impressed with the phone though I have to say

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

That's one of the most important features of the 4S for me. The browsing is so much better and faster than on the 4. I had both iPhones at the same time for a while and the difference was like night and day.

6. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Ok no probs, I just thought I would mention it incase you hadnt switched it off or hadnt noticed it, has its easy to miss the System Services section I found :)

Be sure to switch status bar icon to ON, then this way, if you have any app etc using location services/using it constantly, you will know that this is happening by seeing a little ^ symbol next the the battery level.

I found that doing 3 complete discharges/charges help battery life on my 4S. I also found that when I put iOS 5 on my iPhone 4, that battery drain was higher than I was used to when I had iOS 4 installed. I then restored as a new device and the battery improved noticeable. When I got my 4S, I just restored as a new device and I am seeing battery life of the same as I saw on my iPhone 4. I hasten to add though, that I wouldn't have said I had a battery issue like you read other people having on various forums, it was just a little higher battery drain to what I was used to seeing. :)

----------

Yeah definitely. I browse often on my 4S and the extra speed is something I welcome :)

7. pooryou macrumors 65816

Is there any way to do this and not lose your text messages on your phone, or restore them?

8. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Too be honest I don't know. Perhaps some other forum members might be able to answer this. I wouldn't have thought it would be possible though as you would be restoring as new.

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

sadly not.

10. zign macrumors 6502

zign

Thank you!!! Missed this option.

11. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

No problem ;)

12. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

What did you upgrade from? The browser tests seem like it's very fast.

13. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

The feel is more amazing coming from a 3G to 4S.

It feels almost like going from Razr to 3G

14. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I agree. I came from an iPhone 4 to a 4S. The browsing and downloading speeds are much faster. Also I've noticed simple navigating through menus and opening apps is faster as well.

At first I was hesitant about making the jump from the 4 to 4S but now I'm glad I did.

For those on the fence, just do it. You won't be sorry.