iphone 4s calendar => iCal not syncing thru USB via iTunes on 10.6.8

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mindquest, Apr 20, 2012.

1. mindquest macrumors regular

When I sync my iPhone 4S through iTunes (via USB) to my iMac (running Snow Leopard) iCal is not updated on the iPhone. I have tried unchecking the iCal sync in iTunes to clear the iPhone then re-sync but still the iPhone calendar is not updated.

To my knowledge iCloud isn't usable with Snow Leopard which is why I thought a direct USB connection would work. Any ideas how to get this to sync on Snow Leopard? Not looking to upgrade to Lion until I get a new machine next year.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Tech Details:

iPhone 4S
    IOS version 5.1

iMac
    OSX 10.6.8

2. cjanger macrumors newbie

Similar Issue

Hi all,

I have pretty much the same set-up:
    MacBook Pro
    Mac OS 10.6.8
    iPhone 4S
    IOS 5.1
    Syncing over USB

Here's the difference. Any items I add to my calendar on my phone do not sync onto my computer's iCal. iCal appointments show on my iPhone, but not the other way around.

Can anyone help me/us out here?

Thanks.

3. gangof4 macrumors member

gangof4

Sync problems

Please let me know if you find a solution guys. I'm in the same boat.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Guys try changing your default calendar on your iPhone.

Settings > mail contacts & calendars.

Sync then change it back to your default. Should solve your issues

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I suggest syncing with some other service like gmail or yahoo or something.

Syncing by USB just for that is a pain. There are plenty of online services that do work with Snow Leopard just fine.

6. Shadow4md macrumors newbie

This is interesting as about a month ago, my iMac (10.6.8) and iPad syncing stopped working properly. I can change my iPad calendar and it will sync to the iMac but not the other way around. Maybe Apple updated the Mac OS software and are trying to force people to pay for iCloud? :rolleyes:

7. soneedaze macrumors newbie

Any other options?

I have to say this issue is massively disappointing. My MacBook Pro and iPhone 4s were running just fine. Unfortunately, I was told by Apple that I had to 'upgrade' to Snow Leopard so I could download/ purchase Keynote.

I have reinstalled the OS twice, reinstalled iTunes, restored my iPhone, spent over 5 hours on the phone with Apple...you get the drift. Nightmare.

I just want iCal to sync with my iPhone.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

8. OregonErik macrumors newbie

iCal from Mac syncs to cloud, iPhone, not vice versa

I might just be piling on, but I think I'm having the same problem. Admittedly, I never fully understood "cloud computing," but used it enough to get by. I have some time now, so hope to resolve my problem. I also had a Mobile Me account that synced my Mac Pro iCal to my Mobile Me iCal. Perhaps I botched the "transition," but...

I can generate iCal items from my Mac Pro and it syncs (pushes?) pretty quickly to the cloud. I logged into iCloud with a browser and saw the updated iCal event appear. Even before that, my iPhone (4s, iOS 5.1.1) iCal app updated.

But when I generate iCal items from my iPhone, they do not update on my iCloud iCal, nor my Mac Pro iCal. It seems to work one way, but not the other.

I appreciate solutions, troubleshooting tips, and good jokes. Thanks.