iPhone 4s call problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macidiot, Oct 19, 2011.

1. macidiot macrumors 6502a

I seem to be having intermittent issues when trying to make a phone call.

I have had problems where the headset doesn't work if I put it in AFTER the call is started.

I also have had problems where the headset is in, but when I make a call it defaults to speaker and is stuck on it.

I've tried to make a regular phone call(with no headset or bluetooth) and it defaults to speaker and refuses to switch to anything else.

I also had a problem tonight where the headset was in, but the microphone on the phone was still turned on.

I've had issues with bluetooth headset sound quality (not on my end, but from whoever I'm talking to). Not to mention issues with pairing (its paired, starts a call, but fails to stay paired).

I am wondering if this is isolated to my phone or a bigger problem. Anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

And, slightly differently, I've had issues where the sounds (like keyboard, on/off, etc.) stop working. Usually after using Siri.

2. Jbkatz macrumors newbie

Me too

I've been having the same problem. Apple replaced my phone today, but same problem and with both my headsets - a jawbone era and a plantronics 975. I set up as new phone, did NOT restore from backup, and still same problem. I also have the Bluetooth in my 2011 VW Jetta TDI sport wagon. I cannot find a fix anywhere.

3. OEMom macrumors newbie

Same problem here

Not only does my phone default to speaker, but the person on the other end of the line can not hear me. This seems to happen only when I use the headset to talk, but it doesn't matter whether or not I put the headset in before after or I make the call. The really annoying thing is that even after I unplug the headset, the phone is still on speaker and the other person can't hear me, though I can hear them.

I took my phone to the Genius bar last week and they restored it. It solved the problem for a couple of days, but it just happened again. I'm headed back to the Apple Store in a couple of hours to see what they can do. I'll update.

4. macidiot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did they fix it?

5. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

My brother had this issue with his. He went into the Apple store and they gave him a new one. That one is fine.

6. OEMom macrumors newbie

Sorry. I forgot to update. :eek:

I took it back to the Apple Store and they replaced it and the headset without trying any other fixes. Great customer service.

I haven't had any more issues.