Iphone 4s Camera Flash Bleed Through

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djpuma, Oct 17, 2011.

1. djpuma macrumors regular

How's it going everyone.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue with their iphone 4s (white or black, mine is white)

When the cameras flash is on there is significant bleed through and the pics look washed out or almost have a blue haze.
    No I don't have a case on it and the plastic on the back has been removed.
    My wife got the same phone and her pics don't come out like this.

Here are two comparison shots, with and without flash to see what I mean.

http://www.djpuma.com/iphone4s/4s%20no%20flash.JPG No Flash

http://www.djpuma.com/iphone4s/4s%20with%20flash.JPGWith Flash

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me.

2. njchris macrumors regular

njchris

That happened last night to me but it looks more like an exposure issue.

I took the picture a second time and it came out fine.

3. djpuma thread starter macrumors regular

I even went outside to take pics and used my cam and the wives and everything came out like that, but hers actually brightened the pic like it would with a point and shoot.

Every picture I take with the flash comes out like that.

4. dogbiskit2 macrumors member

Having just switched from a black to a white iPhone, I was worried that this might be the case as well. However, I've done several comparisons with and without flash (I just have a bumper on mine), and the pics look fine for me. I definitely don't see any effect like yours. I would ask for an exchange if I got those results. Sorry!

5. djpuma thread starter macrumors regular

I got an appt today at the apple store.

I'm sure it's a phone issue and if I stare at the camera lens with the flash on at a certain angle I can see the light come through the housing like it's not seated correctly.

Hopefully this was just a fluke and a lot of people don't have this issue.

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I have a white iPhone 4 and this definitely is not an issue for me. Sounds like you just have a faulty unit.

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Mine is similar. White with or without case. Doesn't seem to matter. Much worse at a distance like your shot. The combination of low light and weak flash make it much worse. I have a feeling that under those conditions they are all that way. :mad:

8. djpuma thread starter macrumors regular

I hope it isn't. I only took a few shots with the wives iphone and hers didn't look like that.

This is my first white iphone and I don't want to go to a black one just to fix the issue.
    I'm hoping it's just a fluke and not all white ones are like this.

9. iAmien macrumors newbie

Is your wife's black or white?

The 4S is finally being released here in South Africa in 2 days time, and the only thing that is keeping me from getting white is this exact reason. If camera performance is inferior on the white, I'll get black. What was the outcome of your problem? Did you have it swapped?

10. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Only issue I've run into (white, no case, no skins/protectors) is that the flash seems brighter (or the sensor more sensitive), and I will get a wash-out if my finger is anywhere near the lens. The flash seems to reflect off my finger and back into the lens. I have to be VERY conscious of where my fingers are relative to the lens.

Don't know if the white phone makes this issue worse; I don't see why it would but I guess it's possible.

11. djpuma thread starter macrumors regular

It's happening again on a new white iphone 4s. Even if you have the camera in video mode with the flash on there is a blueish haze down the middle of the screen.

I think there is a serious flaw with the white iphones and I'm taking this one back. AGAIN

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I've got a white 4S and don't experience this issue. Sorry.

13. djpuma thread starter macrumors regular

Well I doubt everyone will, but this is the 2nd white iphone 4s that this has happened to.
    Nothing on the back, no plastic, no case, nothing.
    This is what all pictures look like now

Shot in total darkness, no visible light
    [​IMG]

Tv and Floor lamp light
    [​IMG]

14. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Take it back. That is horrible and a defect.

15. djpuma thread starter macrumors regular

I'm going to the apple store today at noon.
    I did notice the camera flash is cracked or something is wrong, but on the inside, not like I dropped it and the back case is cracked.
    Something on the inside is broken, but not shaking around.
    Very weird and the phone has never been dropped.

16. Sammarley macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. iPhone 4S white and I just got not fixed yesterday because it was cracked an I was missing a camera lens. I thought the missing camera lens was the problem but I got a new back and the pictures still come out blue and hazy with a line in the middle I don't know what to do