iPhone 4S camera focus sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EarthNeutron, Jan 9, 2012.

1. EarthNeutron macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

So I basically have 2 questions:

1. Do you hear a click while the iPhone 4s focuses? If it's dead silent I hear it.

2.Can you see the lens moving while focusing?(I sure can) which is darn awesome.

BONUS QUESTION: I sometimes hear the clicking sound when i have a flashlight app active. Does this mean that my camera is turned on while using those apps? If so, does it damage the camera sensor due continuous bright light exposure?

Cheers!

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

The camera in the iphone has no physical shutter, so it's technically always exposed anyway. And yes, the flashlights apps basically work by turning the camera on and hiding it, though I recall hearing iOS 5 introduced a proper API for controlling the LED without camera, but I could be wrong on that one.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

I hear the rattling even when I just set the phone down or tap the back near the camera. I know this is a widespread problem though and even the Apple Store display iPhones do it.

4. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hmm... Well I do hope it doesn't damage the camera.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I doubt it is doing any harm however I have no reason for saying that except I simply wouldn't think Apple would allow apps that did physical damage to your phone components...

6. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

True