iPhone 4S camera roll bug???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mountain Turtle, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Mountain Turtle macrumors newbie

I've taken photos when I double-click the home button.

When I unlock my phone, open the camera app, and click on bottom left icon to access the camera roll, the photos that I previously took by double-clicking the home button when the phone was still lock does not appear.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue???
    It's not a big problem as I can still view the photos by opening the photos app and doing it the 'normal way', but I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

2. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Edit: Misunderstood your post the first time around. What you're saying is that the pictures you took when your iPhone 4S was locked doesn't appear the camera roll in the Camera app. Which isn't supposed to happen.

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Mine is working quite well. The one most notable improvement over the iP4 is speed of operation. It's ready to take the next picture very quickly.

4. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

That is not a bug it is by-design to protect privacy. If it worked the way you want it to, If you took a bunch of photos while the iPhone was locked anyone would be able to pick up the iPhone and see them.

Moreover it only locks out previous photos when you are done shooting picks. You can shoot 100 in a row while iPhone is locked and you can review each and every one of them. But if you go back to lock screen it resets and will no longer show previously taken shots--while locked.

Again, by design.

BTW: I don't know what the other replies were about. :)

Michael

5. andybrown44 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think other replies are misunderstanding.

OP is saying that when he/she takes a picture from the lock screen, it is not appearing later in the Camera app. It is appearing in the photos app so it's not a massive problem.

I've experienced this bug before but it seems to be working fine now. I don't have a pass code set though at the moment so that may have something to do with it.

6. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just did a few tests and noticed that after taking pictures while locked and then unlocking to access the Camera app, the lower left corner button that takes you to the camera roll doesn't show the most recent picture taken. However when viewing the camera roll, the recent pictures are there.

7. Alsudan macrumors newbie

I think its a bug

I have a problem, some of my pics that i took while my iphone is locked is still showing when take pics in the locked mode , whatever i do even trying to restart my iphone i can still review some pics while my iphone is locked and i can delete them tooo

My iphone is 4s with the latest updates.

Also it happen in my prev. Iphone 4

Can anyone help?!?