iphone 4s charging to 90% max

thinkadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Canada
hi,

my wife's iPhone 4s charges overnight and always caps off to about 90% sometimes 92%.
Never gets to 100.
Looks like a new issues as the phone is a month old.
Ill try calibrating it..and a reset.
Anyone have any other tips?
thanks

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Run the battery down until the phone shuts down by itself and recharge it all the way to 100% without disconnecting the charger in the meantime.

If that doesn't work, try another charger/sync cable.

cmeisenzahl

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
hi,

my wife's iPhone 4s charges overnight and always caps off to about 90% sometimes 92%.
Never gets to 100.
thanks
That's all I can think of, let it run down until it actually shuts off on its own, then let it recharge all the way.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
hi,

Never gets to 100.
thanks
Does she have anything running at night like music or something as she's sleeping?

I had a radio station app that, on my 3gs, shut off at some point in the night, however on my 4s it doesn't shut off (like it should lol) but the nights i do have it playing and never end up turning it off before i pass out, my phone only charges to about 94%-95%

My suggestion would be to make sure she closes all running apps before going to bed and see if that helps at all.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
1) Reset. Hold home and power button until the phone reboots.
2) Run the phone till it dies, then recharge-see if it now goes to 100%.

If that doesn't work, restore the phone as new. Charge and see if you can get it to 100%. If not, take it to Apple for replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.