Iphone 4s cheap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robot62155, Feb 21, 2012.

1. robot62155 macrumors member

Hi everybody, quick question. So I called AT&T and I don't have any contracts up for renewal. They said an iPhone 4s is 700 dollars! Is there any cheap unlocked ones?

2. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

4. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

Why not just grab a 4, (same thing) while u wait for the 5?

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Umm no.

6. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I love when people say this.

7. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Just look on ebay or craigslist. You could find a hidden gem.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Really your best bet would be to check Craigslist listings for your area and to check eBay. Unfortunately for you the iPhone 4S is still selling well, so you'll have to do quite a bit of searching before you can find a cheap one.

9. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

By the time you find a "deal" for the 4S, the next iPhone will be out, unless you get lucky.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You wont find a factory unlocked 4S cheap.
    You might save a few dollars getting a used one but not much.

11. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

Umm, Yes!
    How bout you post 2 pics side by side and sell us the difference :rolleyes:
    Here's the speed difference, (only noticable side by side).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1zLg4itgZA

So why not just grab a cheap 4 and wait for the 5, I would ;)

12. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Yet your username is 4SFanatic? :rolleyes:

13. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

14. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You would have to buy the unlocked iphones from Apple not AT&T. AT&T only sells locked ones. Also there is no way to get a cheap unlocked iphone as it is without a contract. So you will have to pay full price for the device if you want to buy unlocked model.

You can check ebay or craigslist to see if they have a cheap one for unlocked model.

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have them both, they are not the same. They look alike that that's about it.

16. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

17. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Send me a PM. I need a replacement iPhone. Broke mine today.

18. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

Prove it !!!

I had both, kicked myself in the arse for selling my JB 4

So how are ur two different, got any side by side vids or pics, (or should we just take ur word for it) :rolleyes:

19. Primejimbo, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Take a pic? I SAID by looks they are the same, you want me to take them apart for you and show you the insides? Go to ifixit.com and look there :rolleyes:

Here is a link for you since apparently you don't know how to use Google to find out the difference in the 2.
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

Like others said, it's a bump in speed. If you go from a 3G to a 4 or a 3Gs or a 4s, those are bigger in bumps in speed. Going from a 4 to a 4s is a bump in speed (yes the 4s IS faster than the 4), but IMO it's not worth it, but a person who doesn't have an iPhone should go for the 4s.

20. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I've owned EVERY iPhone to date. Each has been a tremendous update...however, in my very humble opinion...the 4s has been one of if not the most impressive upgrade to date. The ONLY similarity to the 4 is the case, the outer shell...EVERYTHING else is better ALL the way around! This isn't something one can "show" in a video, pictures...or even needs to offered up in a public forum with "Proof!" EVERYTHING...from the RAM, the processor, the antennas, the new 3g(+) protocol, the new camera, GPU speed, SIRI...and as a photographer...I might mention the camera again...the image stabilization, the 1080p video capture... my friend, you shouldn't have kicked yourself in the 'arse' so quickly...As an 18 month "4" owner and making the switch at release of the 4s...Again, I would find it impossible to validate MY experiences with the 4s with video, pics or the proof you're requesting. Impossible.

Sure, you can show a video from youtube that shows a second or two improvement on webpage rendering...but what you can't show is continuous use of the phone, switching websites, multi-tasking--the instantaneous response to every gesture, every touch of the screen. No delay, ever. No matter how many apps are 'open in the background'. Not that the standard iPhone 4 is a slouch...it's an awesome phone. But there was/is lag once in a while...there are different 'slowdowns' that are impossible to quantify with the video, pics and proof you're requesting...why? because these are such random occurrences while continuous and daily/constant usage. THAT'S when it's evident...not to mention ALL the extras that I mentioned earlier...including a phenomenal camera upgrade!

TO to OP...sorry to get carried away off topic...but as you can see, I disagree with buying a 4 at this time...as you seem to agree and are on the hunt for the new 4s. Unfortunately for you...as all others have mentioned, you will not find a legitimate 4s on the market for anything less than you can buy from the refurbished stash at either AT&T or apple.com

Attempt a call to your provider and see how much time you have left exactly, see if they're willing to work with you...offering to sign a new 2 year contract, etc. You may get lucky...even better if you have a local AT&T store, you may be able to speak with a manager that could work magic. Short of that, again, the used market isn't offering any kind of significant discounts on 'new' prices of the phone. And it's not going to be soon that you do. I, however, was on AT&T's site the other day and they did seem to have a plethora of refurbs in each storage size (16, 32, and 64)--all $50 off their 'new' price on the contracts. Not sure about the unlocks though.

Good Luck!

J

21. Cordless_Drill macrumors regular

Cordless_Drill

I own a 4 and a 4s, both 16 GB models, and I'll agree that the 4s is better.

Is it a bunch better? Not for my decidedly casual usage.

I use the 4 as my primary phone. I don't feel like it's a downgrade per se; they're both wonderful.

22. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Click on all those tacky banner ads on ****-hole websites that say "Win a free iPhone 4S!"

23. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

That's what I thought, you can't tell them apart without taking them apart, same phone, same performance, (the 4s being slightly faster, slightly).

U guys act like I don't like my 4s, when in fact I love it, (just HATE the tiny screen)

24. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If you have a 4S why would you use a 4 a your primary phone? May as well use the 4S.

25. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

bla-bla-bla, I scrolled rt to the bottom and only read the "Good Luck!" part :p

----------

Cause he really can't tell the two apart, (we have already established that) :rolleyes: