iPhone 4S Compared to iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I have been using both phones my old 4S and my new 5 to take photos, I still think the 4S takes better photos, they seem to be much clearer.

Anyone else notice this as well or is it just me, just seems to be something funky with the 5's camera.

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Cameras are basically identical in daylight, bright conditions. But the HDR is slightly better on the iPhone 5 then the 4S, low light performance is much better on the 5, and it has better video stabilization then the 4S

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Two pix, taken from my couch, 5 minutes ago & 30 seconds apart.

The first is taken with iPhone 4. Number 1 is cooler, hence the peachy tone.

The second is taken with iPhone 5. Number two is warmer, hence the beige tone.

Both look good but they look better when not side by side. If all of your pix are from the same camera, they're going to be uniform in look and you won't notice anything different. :)

I think that the iPhone 5 picture is much sharper/clearer. (Please ignore the junky coffee table. :eek: )

Attached Files:

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I agree.

There's not a huge difference, other than the fact that the iPhone 5 I have is very quick to produce ugly purple pictures.

It's not as tolerant, nor quite as nice as the camera on my 4S.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I also prefer my 4S, I get much granier pics with my 5.