iphone 4s cosmetic defect

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexxa, Apr 2, 2012.

1. alexxa macrumors member

I just found a gap between the plastic rim and the metal band. Seems like something small is stuck in between which creates the gap. Any one have this problem too?
    [​IMG]

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

With so many threads like this, I have to wonder if I'm the only one who simply uses their phone as intended instead of looking it over with a fine magnifying glass.

3. alexxa thread starter macrumors member

i agree with you but this keeps bugging me.. Just wonder if this is a common problem.

4. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

If you are talking about the bottom, it does look like there is a small gap. if you are talking about the top, I don't see it there.

If it is bothering you that much take it in to an apple store.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

we really need a facepalm icon under "smiles" on the right...

6. lpeedin macrumors regular

7. ap3604, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  8. labman macrumors 604

labman

9. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Why does it bug you? Did your phone stop working and that's why you noticed this non issue? If you have to LOOK and MAKE things an issues than they really aren't issues.
    Plus you JUST found it... How do we know you didn't drop your phone or abuse it in some other manner that caused the issue? IF it was such an issue why didn't you see it the second you took your phone out of the box? Non issue is a non issue.

10. Rcflex macrumors member

Rcflex

Oh man that really sucks for you, That gap is pretty big, hope you don't get your change stuck in there...:rolleyes:

11. Uguubot macrumors member

Uguubot

The small details bug me, too, but I usually only notice them when I am looking my phone over (scratches, etc. There's a scratch under my bumper case that annoys me sometimes)

12. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I just found some pits in the front glass of my 4S. I didn't notice them until I put my phone under an electron microscope. Now any time my phone is under an electron microscope I am going to get very annoyed. Friggen Apple!

13. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

As with every other minor cosmetic defect that gets posted on this board. Just take it in to the Apple store. They will do everything they can to make you happy with their product.

14. Bingbonghoho macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

Apple is full of defective design. Don't be surprised with a little abuse when you share good information. Engadget even did a article about this...

Take your product to the store and ask for replacement.

15. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

OP: I am EXTREMELY OCD when it comes to my gadgets and I'm sorry but I don't see any problem. Are others suppose to tell you they have this "issue" so it will make you sleep better at night? Not trying to sound like a jerk but this is by far one of the most ridiculous OCD threads I've ever read on here, my favorite being the yellow screen tint.

Even if this is some "defect" are you going to be looking at the bottom of the phone 99.99% of the time???

Enjoy your phone and remember, at the end of the day, all it is - is a phone!!! ;)

16. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I see your complaint coming from someone whose concern over that gap increasing in size over time. I'd take it to Apple and exchange it or have it documented in your file so that you're covered in case it does worsen.

17. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I have a question for you.. and I'm not being sarcastic!

If others don't have this issue, will you still exchange the phone or keep it, ignoring the *flaw* ?

Think as an individual, not as a collective! If it bothers YOU, exchange it. Done.

18. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

If you're gonna use OCD atleast use it in the right context.

19. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

What case is that?

20. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Damn it I don't have this problem. Do you think I should take mine back and ask for an exchange?

21. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Actually that is in the right context. OCD is defined as: Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by unreasonable thoughts and fears (obsessions) that lead you to do repetitive behaviors (compulsions).

This is the case for the original poster. Though not as extreme as some cases.

22. Artimus12, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

Artimus12 macrumors 6502

Artimus12

Repetitive??? do you know something about the OP's repetitive nature that we don't?

around once every couple of months I'll obsess about the condition of my gadgets, give them a thorough clean and look over (it can be healthy to do so)! so I can understand someone noticing an imperfection for the first time ..what I don't understand is the requirement to post pictures of their flaw for public consumption. But maybe it's an attempt to gauge the severity of the flaw, with an eye on Apple's liability to replace the unit before taking the time\expense to arrange an appointment, then travel to & queue at a Genius bar.

When all's said and done, you just need to ask yourself if a Genius will see it when you point it out, or if you're over-obsessing.

@master-ceo: I think it's an incase snap ..or similar.

23. Superman80 macrumors regular

24. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

If it bugs you, bring it to a Genius! If you conduct yourself in a reasonable way,,,you can get anything you want!! Works for me...