iPhone 4S - Crunchy Home Button.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Prof., Jul 3, 2012.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Okay so here's the story.

I have an iPhone 4S that I purchased on October 14, within the last week or so, the home button has developed a crunchy, double clicking sound and it's annoying as all hell. I was wondering if any of you have ever taken your iPhone in to your local Apple Store for similar problems and if so, did they fix the problem or tell you you're SOL?

For the record, I have AppleCare+

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Take it in, sounds like grit or dirt has got under the button....It's the weakest link in the iPhone and the iPad....Apple will help you out.

3. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Mine started doing that recently too. I really don't want to shoot one of my Applecare+ nuts on that though... :eek:

4. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to try to go to the Apple Store sometime this weekend.

I don't think we'll be forced to use one of our AC+ claims on it. If I had to guess, the solution is opening the iPhone and blowing the inside with compressed air.

5. elistan macrumors 6502a

Mine has been doing that for a couple months. Annoying, but hasn't been a problem yet. I'm interested to learn what you experience at the Apple store.

6. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Just got back from the Apple Store, they replaced my entire phone. I thought they'd just replace the home button, but since the phone is built front to back, there's no way for them to do it. I feel bad that they gave me a new phone just for a messed up home button... :eek:

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Happy it got fixed. And don't feel bad. It's one of the reason's why Apple products are more expensive than the competition. You are paying for that customer service!

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

it's also why Apple products hold there value better. Everybody gets the same customer service Apple doesn't look at if you bought it direct from them or somebody sold you theirs. there are somethings apple could do better but customer service is pretty damn good. :D

9. Merkie macrumors 68020

Not entirely true, the iPhone can be fixed, Apple just thinks it's a better solution to replace the whole phone.